Monday, June 29, 2015

"About Us" Change

The "About Us" page here on the blog is a little out dated.  Before I change it, though, I wanted to post it, so I can still have it.  So here is the old one:


So basically:
We are a family of 8 (baby O not in the pictures- he wasn't born yet) that lives on a 5000 acre cattle ranch really far out in the country in Idaho.   We are not your typical ranching family, as you may or may not have noticed from looking at our blog, but we LOVE this lifestyle and all of the blessings that we have along with it.  


We are faithful members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) and center our lives around our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father's plan for us.

(we had a pet moose and pet gosling last Summer)

Here is our family:

Rancher
Photobucket

My husband's name is Weston, who I also sometimes call Rancher (to his face and on this 
here blog).  Rancher doesn't where belt buckles, or any cowboy gear really (but I think that, secretly, he would love to wear the full get up.  That is if I would stop buying him stuff from Old Navy).  

He grew up in Sparks, Nevada.  His parents owned a ranch there (still do, actually, although it's a lot smaller now).  He grew up catching lizards, and riding his motorcycle one-handed while chasing and shooting coyotes with the other hand.  

We met in Sunday school class when we were teenagers when he came to Virginia, where I lived, to work at his uncle's zoo for a summer.  I had a sweet crush on him and he even asked me to dance at a church dance once.  (Read more about our story here.)  From that point on he was the "husband" whenever I played m.a.s.h. (remember that game on paper?).  I never thought it would ever really come to pass.

He courted me 6 years later (in 2001) when he came to Brigham Young University Hawaii where I already was.  We worked at the zoo in Virginia together that summer and got engaged at the end of it.  We went back to Hawaii fall semester as an engaged couple and got married that December.  He graduated with his Bachelor's degree 4 months later.

Weston is a major kid at heart.  He is pretty much living his dream life, in his dream job (and of course his dream wife, right?). 


Me
Photobucket
This is me pretending to milk Cookie. (I'm totally posing.)

I am a cattle-ranch-liver living the ranch life.  As far as the "cowgirl" thing goes, I'd say I'm closer to hippy than cowgirl (far from cowgirl); "Ragamuffin" probably fits me best.    

I grew up the 6th of 7 children in the sticks in south-eastern Virginia, where some people still fly the confederate flag.  I grew up part tom-boy playing in the woods and in the creek, climbing trees, building forts, playing kick the can, and kickball and basketball in the dirt, and all of that good stuff.  I LOVED my childhood.  I'm determined that our children grow up just as nature-y and video game-less (okay, so we had an Atari as kids) as I did.   

I earned my Bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University Hawaii in Exercise and Sport Science, with a Health and Wellness emphasis, in December 2001, and 6 days later married my honey pumpkin lover for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City, Utah temple.

Now I'm in love with being a homemaker/part homesteader and a mom to my 5 littles.  I LOVE being at home!  


The Littles
Spencer 
11 years old 
scientific and mathematic
loves rocks
loves stories and being read to and reading
extremely excellent in the reading comprehension area
thoughtful
social
responsible
confident
a leader (perfect leader for our pack)
so good and sweet and helpful with toddlers and babies
handsome

Miss Kate
10 years old
smart as a whip
loves to read
loves to ask questions
deep
witty
literal
healthy eater
cautious yet daring
responsible
my alarm clock
first to bed and first to rise
captivating eyes
gorgeous smile
beautiful

Ezra
8 years old
happy-go-lucky
artistic
athletic
movie quoter
a night owl
hilarious
loves to laugh and giggle
never wants to cut his hair or fingernails
loves to be with big kids
loves riding his bike
loves playing sports
does cool head flips on the trampoline
says awesome prayers

Jiles
5 years old
so sweet
my blue-eyed charmer
hard working
entertains himself with anything for hours
social
a great protector of baby "Hoey"



Miss Zoe Charlotte
3 years old



major mamma's girl
loves babies
loves being outside

and
Oliver
born Nov 19, 2013






Welp, that's all of us.
Thanks for stopping in.
:)


Photobucket

No comments: