Sunday, July 3, 2011

12 days


The little Zo-ster is 12 days old today.

We stayed home from church again today.  I love that time with her, like I said before.  4 hours of quiet and no interruptions of staring at her, napping beside her; there is something pretty awesome about napping with a newborn.  

I had a little emotional meltdown for a bit yesterday (everything finally caught up with me), so the time alone with Zoe was extremely welcomed today. 


I've been wanting to take some newborn pictures of her, but things have been so busy that I hadn't yet.  We - she and I - took advantage of the quiet, no-interruption time to do just that.
I wanted to take pictures before her umbilical cord fell off cuz, you know, it makes them look so much newer, but too late for that; it fell off on Tuesday when she was 7 days old.


I forgot to mention in the post about her birth that immediately after she was delivered, before the cord was cut, the midwife told me to take her.  I took her and just as I started pulling her up toward me the midwife said, "Whoa, stop."  Her cord was so short that she couldn't go any further.  Not only was the cord short, but the placenta was small.  I wonder if that had anything to do with her growth restriction.


They were going to have a pathologist look at the placenta (hope this isn't too much info - sorry if it is).  I want to know what they say about it.


But Zoe looks great and is for sure on her way to chub-hood.  Her face is really filling out.   


My due date was 2 days ago, when she was 10 days old.  I know that that is not that early - she was considered full term - but I keep feeling that it's so crazy that she is here already and that I'm not pregnant anymore.  Sort of surreal in a way.  

But it is real, and I am SO glad, and grateful, and blessed that it is.
She is so sweet and beautiful (and squeaky), and she is mine.



Photobucket

23 comments:

Unknown said...

these photos are just precious. i love the chalkboard door behind her. so so sweet :) now you're making me want another baby!!

The Mrs. said...

She is so sweet and cute! I just want to hold her and kiss her cheeks!

Jamee
coco

evamarie said...

She is so cute!! I want you to come here to Puerto Rico and take pictures of my little ones. You take the best pictures! I'm glad she's doing well. She's so adorable!

Sijbrich said...

Fabulous photos! How do you have so much imagination to put together something so creative when you're probably suffering from sleep deprivation amongst other things?

Leslie Andelin said...

She is so beautiful. You did a great job on the pictures!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Holy smokes, Carrie! Zoe is so stinkin' cute! And you are an AMAZING photographer! Seriously, great job on both Zoe's and Tyler's photos...and all the other awesome photos on your blog.

And yes, you have every right to complain about sleep deprivation. Are you kidding? You just had your FIFTH kid? I'm pretty sure you can complain about it the rest of your life and be completely validated. Love you, Carrie!

The Tomlinsons said...

Those pictures are great! You are so creative--I could never think of all those props! And Zoe is darling. So precious! Glad you're doing well:)

Staci said...

Super cute pictures, and super cure Zoe. We'll see you guys this weekend, hopefully Saturday.
Woo Hoo.

megandandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy Harris said...

she's so perfect. found you over on life made lovely.
love these newborn pics and there is NOTHING like napping with a newborn.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

So sweet! What a treasure!

meg + andy said...

These pictures just made my day! She is SO precious! So glad i found your blog. oh and my last 3 kiddos were growth restricted, came early due to my placenta poopin out. They are big and fine now. :) hope you are getting some rest. sleep deprivation causes big meltdowns in this momma :)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i cannot get over the wonderfulness of #2 and #7. they are sooooo lovely!!

Jami said...

Amazing photos! I LOVE your blog! Congrats on the new lovely ;)

Cara said...

Carrie your pictures are great and you have such a beautiful family. Congratulations!

liko said...

zoe is such a darling!!!

Elise said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. I wish I could take pictures like you!

Christi said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! i adore the "days young."

the july giftaway is on! hope you'll enter!!

Belinda - The Lattimore Acre said...

She just takes my breath away.... such a gift xo. Love your blog!!

Natalie in Sparks said...

She is absolutely gorgeous and perfect! I love the sweetness in her face and I can't wait to hold her!

Jen said...

Your photography is amazing! Such talent! I love your blog and am your newest follower:)

The Mothership said...

Sweet Carrie... Can you believe Zoe is one month old tomorrow...
So very beautiful, and perfect!
And your pictures are capturing her innocent perfection perfectly perfect!!!
Love you,
Mom/Grammie

Megan said...

Seriously too cute! Great, creative photos and your baby is a doll! Found you via life made lovely, now following you ;-)