We went with the Rancher to pick up a calf yesterday. One of our cows, Coco (our milk cow Cookie's daughter), lost a baby to a coyote, and he wanted to get a replacement calf for her. We got it from a friend of ours who is a farmer who lives about 45 minutes away.
He also wanted to sell Rancher a bull; a bull who is apparently a grandson of Final Answer - one of the best bulls there is. They walked down to where the bulls were and talked about it forever it felt like.
While they talked, we explored.
I love dirt.
Seriously.
And so do the littles.
Oh boy, do they love it (you should've seen 10 little feet today...DIRTy!)
Checking out our new little calfy, Mr. Tumnus:
And a cool, yet neglected trike. Too bad we can't take that home with us as well.
The play house. I would love to have something like this, and the littles would even more. I would paint it and make it all cool. (Rancher, wanna build one?) I love how Zoe is looking up in this picture.
Inside the play house (I'm lovin' that color):
And upstairs:
Swinging with our friend's little boy, who, along with his twin sister, is just a couple of weeks older than Jiles.
More swinging...
I was lovin' this white tree. So cool and cheery. I think that it is a birch tree?
It looks like this mossy bit was stitched on.
Ahhhh, initials carved in a tree.
Weston carved our initials on a banyan tree in Hawaii, before we were even "a thing".
Buddies...
He seemed so much older than Jiles because, well, I could understand him when he talked.
I can finally get Zoe's hair into little piggies..
Cute view:
There are so many things that I love about this picture....
JILES white paint-chippy fence SWING mud boots SUNSHINE big smiley face CAMO SHORTS blue sky GIGGLES shirt that he will not take off for anything HAPPINESS under a cool tree ON A FARM gorgeous field on the other side of the fence SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER


3 comments:
Beautiful photos! Looks like it was a fun trip for everyone to pick up the new calf. I grew up in the country--my parents had 28 acres. My granddad kept cows and bulls on our land and me and my brothers had so much fun helping him take care of the cows. I have such fond memories of that time in my life. :-) I know your children will always cherish these memories you're making together.
amazing pictures - yes I feel like there are little signs of spring - I saw little tulips peeking out of the ground yesterday, and it got up to 65 on friday - i love it! we just got chicks yesterday too - another sign of spring.
I love all of these photos. You are amazing.
Post a Comment