Weston and the oldest 3 are off spelunking. Spencer is doing a science project on stalactites and stalagmites, so Weston wanted to take them to a cave. I decided that it would be best if the little 2 and I did not go along. One has to climb down a 30 foot ladder to access the cave, and I was NOT about to try that with J and Z. Plus, caves sort of freak me out. I like sunshine too much, and not being underground. That is probably why I don't like basements. So instead we are watching Little Women and eating yogurt and granola.
Life is going on. As usual. Which is good. Sweaters or sweatshirts are the choice of covering for going outside in the afternoons these days, and, try as I might, I am already struggling at keeping shoes on little feet. They walk out the door (the littles do, not their shoes} with them on, but somehow lose them somewhere while they are out.
(all via instagram)
Playing peek-a-boo with Jiles (I wonder where he is):
The house, which we have endearingly given the name Sunny Creek Cottage, was in DESPERATE need of some color. My bunting was the absolute perfect length to wrap itself all along the back porch.


I tried to give blood the other day, but was rejected due to my low blood pressure. They took it 5 times between 3 people and even turned the music off to hear it. My average was 70/50. The top number has to be 80 or above to be able to give blood.
Rainbow School:
Lazy Susan turned into a chalkboard (like a year ago) and now sits on top of the hutch. She gives out a shout now and then, like this one:
If wandering bitties (and the rooster) don't say "country," I don't know what does.
A Christmas-gifted mini 4-wheeler is finally getting lots of use. That is until the chain falls off, or the battery dies, or whatever else that has been happening to it.
Spencer boy likes getting his picture taken, and even, as in the case in the photo below, taking it himself. Oh boy. I guess he is officially a preteen now. I wouldn't have thought of that myself because in my mind he isn't; I overheard him telling Ezra one day that he is, indeed, a preteen. Really? Already? Well if I have to say he is one, I'd have to say that he is a cute one.
An oldie but goody thrown in there for insta's # tbt (throw back thursday). I really like this little hashtag look into the past thing, even though I've only done it once. It seems like kind of an oxymoron since it is INSTAgram, but it is still fun just the same.
What do a few old crib parts + a backyard apple tree + 4 little ranchkins = ?
a tree house?

No.
That would be much too challenging. We're going for the tepee instead. Much easier and much safer for Little Hoohaw (below).
Bathtime: It is a Z.C. favorite. I love her little mouth.
A sweet and helpful big brother:
We got motorcycle helmets from someone at church and the kids have been sort of obsessed with wearing them. On the way out of the parking lot Spencer said, "Jiles isn't buckled, but he has a helmet on, so..." And Ezra is complaining that he doesn't have one. Kate doesn't care, she just wants to read, and Zoe gives up and falls asleep the second she is buckled in and can no longer move.
Oh, Ezra! I keep forgetting to mention on here that one night when everyone was in a fitness challenge mode, they started to see how many sit-ups they could do. Ezra started and did not stop until he did 415 sit-ups! Full on, correctly done, and counted by Weston. Too funny. The next morning we asked him how his stomach felt and he put his hand on his stomach, looked to the side to think, and said, "Ummmmm....hard?" We were expecting something more like, "sore."
(They like to cook their own tortillas. These are the raw ones at Costco. So yummy.)
Katie girl. She does NOT like the camera. She is so pretty and so sweet. I really wish that I could get more pictures of her. She usually runs and hides whenever she sees me pull it out, and that is why I hardly have any pictures of her. Every great once in a while she do this for me, though:
Jiles and his horsey, Star Dust:
Pretty boy, Ji.
Leave Zo alone for 1 minute and she might do something like this:
These 2 are at the BUSIEST! At least I hope that they are. They are very, very, very busy. Don't underestimate those little hands.
And outside, snow's melting...
This is what we call "The Main Road."
And let the planting begin! 11 new trees to add the many from last Fall. Gala, Fuji, peach, plum, cherry, pear, nectarine, weeping willow...
And some jumping. Man, that looks cold.
A stop into Taco Del Mar oughta help warm us up a bit.
I asked Weston to help Kate with her Primary talk. I started it (the first line) and asked him to finish. I think that he got a little carried away.
![]() |
| "He is funny and nice and very handsome. My mom really likes him a lot." hahaha...okay... |
This one is probably my favorite, so I saved it for last.
And the beat goes on...
the beat goes on...
beat goes on...
goes on...
on...
...
..
.








































2 comments:
I'm glad that you are taking pics with instagram. I love the looks of the vintage photos. You should check this out: http://stickygram.com/
xoxo
Thanks, J! I will have to check that out, fer sure. :)
Post a Comment