One week ago my family started arriving. Here at the ranch.
Julie and Drew and their 5 came first, and then Wendy and Andy and their 9. The next day came Holly and Neal and their 5, and Brian and Marissa and their 2.
Our number for Thanksgiving this year: 36.
We were missing Mom and Dad, who are in Poland serving a mission for our church, of course, and Mark who is in Hawaii, and David and Diane and their 4 who are in Australia.
I was excited to see everyone. I LOVE love LOVE my family!
I was especially excited to meet these 2 handsome fellows:
twin brothers, Luke, who looks just like his mommy (my sister Wendy), and Simon, who looks just like his daddy.
And also to meet this adorable little miss,
Miss Tillie, who is my brother Brian's little one.
We had 6 new babies born this year, 2 on Weston's side (Asher and Tessa), and 4 on my side (Jakob, Tillie, Simon and Luke). I have yet to meet Jakob and Tessa.
Thanksgiving day was a gorgeous and fairly warm day. The men and children played outside while the women cooked.
| Julie passing Tillie off to Drew so she could finish the sweet potato pudding. |
| Julie made personalized napkin holders on their drive up from Utah. |
There was also lots of Skyping going on. With Grammie and Grandad (my folks),
And the brother Markus.
| "Look, our earrings match!" |
And lots of baby holding.
| Whitdawg, Tills and Sadie Bear |
All of the kids that were there except Natalie, Ammon and Simon.
| Owen, Brian and Tillie |
Drew and Julie
| part of my lot, Jiles, Weston, Zoe, and Spencer |
| Julie, Zachary, Bradley and Karie |
| Ezra and Zachary are cousins made from the same mold (and always together - Ezra LOVES Zach, and Zach really looks out for Ezra) |
| Whitney, Brendan, Reed, Aidan, Olivia, Spencer, Ethan) |
| Marissa, Neal with Olivia, Whitney, Brendan, Reed, Brain - I mean Brian, Spencer, Ethan |
| A cute one of blue-eyed Ethan |
| And of Kate before she got off the fence. |
| me and my girls. this must be what i look like a lot: carrying a child, a child hanging on me, my camera hanging around my neck |
Wait! Don't forget Wendy and Ammon and Simon.
We never got Andy in there. He was taking the picture. I should have traded with him.
And then back inside for the blessing on the food and the feast.
| I want to live like this book, by the way. |
We made turkey (I did it! And it turned out tasty!), and gravy, ham, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pudding (my favorite), deviled eggs (my family calls them egg boats), stuffing, green beans, corn casserole, applesauce cinnamon jello, pumpkin bread, a yummy green salad, Mom's orange rolls, bread braid, etc. It was delicious.
| Master chef Holly |
Feasting,
| Sorry for the mid-bite shot, Marissa. |
And more baby holding.
| Brian with Luke |
| Wendy with Simon |
After feasting, and cleaning up, we had our "showcase" talent show/ video sharing. There were lots of piano numbers, and other cool things like "fast clapping", and little ballet girls, and a couple of videos. Then the kids (mostly boys) watched Tangled in the library,
Boys sing to Tangled on Thanksgiving from Carrie Beth on Vimeo.
and the adults played games. Brian and Marissa, Julie and Weston and I stayed up until 2 playing Spot It (and laughing hysterically while doing so) and Dominos.
Boys sing to Tangled on Thanksgiving from Carrie Beth on Vimeo.
and the adults played games. Brian and Marissa, Julie and Weston and I stayed up until 2 playing Spot It (and laughing hysterically while doing so) and Dominos.
Here's our video that we did for the Thanksgiving video/talent showcase.




6 comments:
This totally made my day. Hilarious! Love my friend Carrie and i think your family is pretty awesome.
I LOVE all these photos! What a wonderful Thanksgiving, with so much love and family. Lovely.
Hope you know I went back private with my blog...
Just fyi.
I'm a paranoid person. Let me know if you need another invite. Love you, girl!
Maybe if I had RDD my fence would be fixed and the kids would never get out.
awesome video!
makes me want Thanksgiving all over again. beautiful family. what is the book?
jesse beth
fun thanksgiving! And that rDD video is hilarious! We loved it.
JesseBeth, the book is called Farmer in the Dell and was in the discard bin at a local library.
Post a Comment