Friday, November 30, 2012

The Gobble Gobble Run



Hey.  Still on Thanksgiving stuff over here.  It is still November (for like 57 more minutes).  Christmas stuffs can start tomorrow.

This Gobble Gobble Run is a Thanksgiving tradition for my 2 sisters that lived in Utah.  We were more than happy to oblige carrying out that tradition up here in Idaho.  In fact we embraced it.

My graphic designer brother-in-law Andy (he works for lds.org) made this sweet race bibs.  I didn't have any safety pins so we tied yarn to them instead.  Next time we need safety pins, for sure.
Landon getting psyched for his race.

There are three different races.
First up: the sprint.  It was to the barn gate and back.  Almost everyone did this one.  
Ready, get set....

GO!

There were a few of us who carried small children with them while running.



Marissa and her girls, Tillie and Reed
The second race was the mile, which is to the big hay stack and back.
I don't have any pictures of this because I ran it.
I'm the one in the big fat hat.  I love that hat.  It is fat and warm.  Ever since I had Kate my ears hurt when I exercise in the slightest cold.  This hat helps prevent ear aches for me.

The last race is the 5k.
I was comfortably on the 4-wheeler for this one.  We went along making sure everyone was okay.  I had sweet angel Ammon with me.  He loves to ride the 4-wheeler. 


Brothers Landon and "little" Brian (and Aidan behind them)
Uncle Andy was the only grown up running this race (Ethan behind him)

Go Tater Tot!


Father and son jog.


Aidan, who asked along the run, "Is this heaven?"

Zachary, who is so awesome with little kids.

Drew, Owen and Julie taking the 5k pleasure walk.

Teeny Natalie listening to her music.

Go, Ethan, go!



Lovin' the color!!



Home stretch

Aubrey, Sadie, Karie, Ellie, Olivia.  A.k.a. the cheerleaders. 

I love Karie's mouth!  And Ellie's hair.

Spencer breaking through the finish line.
Fun times, great exercise.
We should hold onto this one. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Oh my pie, you should hold on to this fun run tradition. Should pie and run be in the same sentence? I love your artsy, exercising, colorful, video making self.

xoxo