Saturday, November 17, 2012

Boise Temple Dedication


We just got back from watching the Boise Temple's Cultural Celebration.  It was really, really good.  About nine thousand youth (ages 12-18) from the Boise Temple District performed dances, and some sang in a huge choir.  One group even reenacted BSU football's most famous play, in slow motion, with the Chariots of Fire theme song playing.  It was cool.  My niece Sadie was in it, and also some other teenagers that we know.  The dedication is tomorrow and Weston and I will take Spencer and Kate. 

A few weeks ago we took our kids to the open house.  It was neat taking them into the temple.  It is so pretty.  They were so quiet when we went through.  Spencer really liked the baptismal font and the stained glass window that was behind it. 



Kate trying to hide from the camera (and stay warm next to me)


It was really nice to be there as a family.

After we left we went to Deseret Book and got Spencer and Kate's scriptures imprinted with their name.  They got to pick the font and the size.  We had to wait for awhile, which no one minded since there were so many books around to look at.  


While I was doing that with them Weston was next door getting fitted for a new suit.  He has one suit and he has had it since he was 21 years old.  That's 13 years.  And it has always been a little too big for him.  When his parents got it for him after he came home from his mission they told him that he would grow into it.  Well, he never did.  We have to laugh about that.  

After we left Deseret book, Weston wanted to take the family out to eat.  We went to Golden Corral.  We have never taken them there before, or any all you can eat place.  To say the kids liked it would be an understatement.  


Kate proclaimed while sitting down with her first plate that this was her favorite restaurant.  A short while later, after maybe his 3rd plate and his 2nd cotton candy, Ezra announced, "This is the 2nd best day ever!"  Weston and I glanced at each and then back at him and asked, "What was the first best day ever?"
Without hesitation, "When Jesus came on da erf." 
(That's "the earth" for those of you that don't speak Ezra.)
We thought that was pretty cute.  Ezra is so thoughtful like that.  He surprises me with the things he says.  He says the best prayers, too; always different and always well thought out.

Before we left I asked them how full they were, and they showed me how full they were with their "full meter" (Kate with a mouth full).
Full up to here.
Golden Corral was fun, but the temple sure was the highlight.  A few days later, Weston and I got to help out at the open house for 4 hours.  Weston helped park cars.  I got to escort a lady with a walker on a tour, which I loved doing, not to mention that she and I had the same birthday; she had just turned 90.  We hit it off and she told me to look her up and visit her.  After that I was an usher in the temple.  I'm so glad that it worked out (babysitter wise) so that we could do that.  

I'm excited to be with my 2 baptized little sweeties and my hubby tomorrow for the temple dedication.  It will be special indeedy.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

What an amazing experience! And what beautiful photos. I love Zoe's tights!

I still would like to come and visit, friend. Is that alright with you? We are going to Disneyland next week, but maybe we can come sometime in December or even January. What do you think?

Sijbrich said...

It has been rather special to experience so many great things surrounding the temple lately. Belén loved the baptistry as well. Unfortunately, we didn't make it an exceptionally special day with Golden Corral like you guys. Next time.
Hope you enjoyed the dedication as much as we did.:-)

Natalie in Sparks said...

That was an awesome day! What a neat spiritual experience that your kids will always remember! ( well most of them!) that is so cute what Ezra said! Hilarious but so sincere! I love kids comments like that. You'll have to tell us how the dedication was. Hey is the meridian temple started yet?

Tawny said...

I don't know your family but I love reading your blog. I am from Washington State and we just took our family the Boise Temple Open House a couple weeks ago too. It was surreal to see your family pictures in the same spot as ours. Thank you for sharing your families stories!