


Cows are down from the mountain now and pepper the fields of the lower portion of the ranch.






A "Monument of Le Autumn Leaves" mud castle down at the creek:


One of the hay sheds all stocked for winter feeding:



The pumpkins hang tight. To pie or not to pie?:

The last tree to turn every year - the big maple in the front yard - has turned golden and the leaves on its branches are getting more scarce everyday:






{I took this picture just before Ezra lost his balance and accidentally pulled Kate off of mammoth Willy's back with him...all the way down to the ground.}:

"What's that smell?" I'm not really saying or thinking that, but that is what it looks I am thinking:



Painting the hen house with Grammie before it gets too cold for paint to adhere to the sun-beaten, weathered wood:
The wood pile is stocked:

And now, as of today, almost all of the leaves have fallen from the big maple tree in the front yard, leaving a lush, golden carpet. (It reminds me of the gold carpet we had in our living room as a kid.) :

B......e......a......u......t......i......F......A......L......L




9 comments:
I love this post.
And I love the white chair under the tree. Puh-ri-tee!
So so so so beautiful. I love your pictures!
So pretty. I always miss fall when it's gone.
See ya soon
Jamee
xoxo
wow these pictures are wya pretty. they would all win the next Andelin picture contest.
Jealous of the fall beautiful over there! And did you know you're living the life I always pictured you living when we were in the Quiet House? Is that strange? On a ranch, working hard with your four kids and Weston. Beautiful, I say.
Great pictures. I can smell the leaves, wood, paint, and hay.
You've got yourself a beautiful life.:-) (minus kids falling off of horses, of course)
Beautiful pictures! I love fall colors, and you captured them perfectly! Miss you!
I remember falling off a horse and I think I pulled Weston off as well, but the horse was not nearly as big as Tom (or Willy, I can't tell which one). And great pics.
Post a Comment