Thursday, November 12, 2009

Watch what we can do

Dare-devilish, extra extraordinary Andelins.
It's in the blood.

I needed to run up to Weston's parents' house really quick yesterday late afternoon, so I took the baby and left Weston, who was not feeling well, with the older 3 kids. I was having fun talking to Weston's mom and stayed over there longer than anticipated.

It was near dark when I came back. I only saw lights on and heard noise from Spencer's room. So I went up to see what was up. I totally did not expect to see what I saw. This:

Ahem. Mayhem!

This masterpiece on the floor there is what the 3 oldest kidlets call "the landing pad". What in the world!? Where was Weston?

Weston was really not feeling anywhere close to okay, so he was in bed asleep. And the children...doing pretty much whatever the heck they wanted. I don't blame Weston. I mean, when you feel crappy what can you do?

I asked them what was going on. And that's when they said, "It's our landing pad." My response to that was, "Um..Where are you landing from?" Then Ezra got really excited and said, "It was supah fun, Mom!" Spencer added, "It was only scary at first. Then not anymore."

Mmmm hmmm. Jumping from the loft to the landing pad. Can you just picture little Ezra flying down from that opening? Here, this might help:

Photobucket

Yeah, this is not an actual picture. I cut him out using an editing program (Creative Memories' StoryBook Creator Plus), and pasted him onto the other picture. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't actually sit back and take a picture while my 3-year-old dropped 8 1/2 feet into a few blankets.

Here's what Katelyn might have looked like:

Photobucket

Ker-ay-zee-ness!

That hole they are jumping from is supposed to host a curly slide - when(/if) we get one.

Oh, and check out Jiles from yesterday. I let Spencer take a break from cleaning up blankets and mattresses for a few minutes so he could be my videographer.

This baby's got ABS OF STEAL! Whenever I'm trying to change his diaper or button his onesie or something like that he pulls himself up. It is quite hilarious! And he is just beginning to crawl.

This is pretty amazing. Check it out: (And what you hear in the background of this video - which I was unaware of at the time - was Kate and Ezra sliding down the stairs on one of those plastic bin's lid.)

STRONGEST BABY IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Holly Emerson said...

OK, that's just amazing! I have never seen a baby do that. And your kids are crazy! They really do take after you!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! Honestly I think that is what kids should be doing! Using their imaginations and dare devil skills to have lots of fun! I always say when Ty is home with the kids for a few hours that when I return I know they will have had a really good time. I also know that my house will be a disaster!!!!
You're kids are so cool...and CUTE!

Sijbrich said...

Jiles is a magical baby.

Spencer's laugh is really quite cute, too.

Natalie in Sparks said...

That is amazing! Those are pilates moves that you do when you have a super strong core.