Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is Chivalry Dead?

What is your opinion?

Go here to see what Weston's brother, Tyson (as well as Gordon B. Hinckley) has to say about it.

3 comments:

Keri said...

What a terrific and wonderful topic to discuss. I see the same thing all around us. less patience, less love, less thoughtfulness, less courage to stand strong. Time is moving faster...people are becoming more angry through this economy and worldly struggles. its time to stop and smell the roses. Through your post i found myself asking why?
I do believe that it starts in the homes. And sorry to say but lately we are seeing more and more teen pregnancies that result in lack of love, respect and stability in our homes. Im not sure this will ever stop it may even get worse as does this world will too. But this topic is my total focus and reasoning behind the things I do with my kids. I will not let this terrible fad penetrate the walls of my home or children. I think having the gospel we as members of the church can help influence others around us by creating Chivalry acts within the walls of our home. that will spread and touch others and thats what makes us unique and different from all the rest. The wonderful characteristic may be going instinct, but we can all do our part to help keep it alive. I... myself try each and everyday to raise my little men upright, with honor and nobleness...it may take a lot more effort and redirecting, but its an effort well worth the fight. thanks for this beautiful reminder to all that we can only do our share and make Chivalry and main focus in our home. Like the Prophet has said " Time to step up and work harder"

Tyson Andelin said...

Great comment Keri. Thanks for the post. Thanks Carrie! What are your thoughts?

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I like what Jamon said in his comment on Tyson's blog. I'd have to second that. I am proud to say that the men in both Weston's and my family are all chivalrous. You go MEN!!