Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hold up, Miss Winter! Not so hasty!

Yesterday morning, the morning after I posted that last post about wrapping up fall and all, we awoke to this:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was beautiful.
Photobucket

It was magical.
Photobucket

The kids asked if it was Christmas as they were rummaging through the winter closet. We got out ALL of the gear, snow bibs, boots, hats, scarves, fat stripe-y socks, gloves. Then they donned their gay apparel (tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la) and waddled outside making that shishing sound that snow pants make when you move.
Photobucket

They played outside for almost an hour, BEFORE BREAKFAST, and before the sun had even shined its pretty face on our house. (I took these pix later.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Then they waddled back inside, pink-cheeked, and wet, stripped back down to their jammies and played an intense game of sorry by the fire while I finished breakfast. Katelyn sucked on her vitamin. And their wet snow clothes made puddles on my mud room floor.
Photobucket

Then we ate breakfast.
Thanks to Cookie, you ladies out in the freshly painted (but not quite finished) hen house, and to the late Gip, the pig, for providing.
Photobucket

We went back out later.
Look at all of that frosted shredded wheat.
Photobucket

The kidlets thought that was funny and wanted to get on the frosting. The frosting is on the wrong side though.
Photobucket

It was beautiful. It was magical.

But I was reeeeally glad to hear the drip, drip, dripping and to see this:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After all, it is still fall.

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

beautiful pictures Carrie!
You have such a talent!
Jamee
xoxo

I am exited to bring my sweaters and warm winter clothes up there!

Holly said...

Carrie! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!! I enjoy looking at them VeRy much so!

Maria said...

Love your pictures! I am glad your kids stayed out in the snow for so long! We got all bundled up nice and early, you know the whole shabang, boots snow pants, huge jackets, and my kids only lasted about 5-7 minutes out there. I have to admit it was freezing and windy!!

Anyways, responding to your comment on my blog I think our kids are spaced almost exactly the same. Isaac was October 9 2006, Claire was June 24, 2008, and this baby will be March 9, 2010. Everyone has seemed to enjoy scaring me and telling my how HARD baby number 3 is. Was this your experience too?? It's ok you can give it to me straight :) haha. We are super excited but I am nervous too! You kids look like such good friends, I hope my continue and end up that way!

Tyson Andelin said...

I like the pictures. Some of them look very professional! I wish we would get snow in Mesa! It doesn't feel like Winter with 70-80 degree weather but I'm not complaining.

The Mothership said...

I LOVE this time of year! Thanks for recording it so beautifully!
Love you, Mom