That's right, 7 years! On December 21, 2001, Weston Lee Andelin and I got hitched, tied the knot, made it "official". Not just for life, but for ALLLLL ETERRRNITY! Isn't that wonderful!?
Chapter 1 began in the summer of 1995. He was 17, I was 16. He had come to VA from NV to work for his uncle and just so happened to be in my sunday school class. He totally had a crush on me. Oh wait, reverse that. The boy rode ostriches and did back flips! How cool is that?! But pretty much the only conversation we had was during a square dance practice at mutual (he asked me to dance, thank you very much!). Here's us way back then as awkward teenagers:
![]() |
| I scanned this from a scrapbook page from way back when. I miss my old v-dub. |

Anyway, so like 6 years later we met up in Hawaii and became really good "friends" and hung out all the time, doing things like this (these pix are scanned so please excuse the lack of quality...it sure would've been nice to have a decent camera in those days):
I decided he was worth holding onto... really tightly:


(like my flip-flops to the formal winter ball? I laugh at that now, but didn't think a thing of it at the time. I mean, come on, we were in Hawaii! I still have those flip-flops! They're Reefs, they last forever, and still soo comfy! Thanks Alicia Marie...she gave them to me.)

And guess what. He thought I was a keeper, too (come on, the boy was MAD IN LOVE WITH ME! And reverse that.). So we were sealed tight in the Salt Lake City, Utah Temple - Wonderful place!


And now, here we are, as 30 year-olds, on Chapter....?:
These 7 years of marriage have brought us many experiences and all that, including, but by no means anywhere close to limited to:
- 3 kids with one on the way
- 8 residences (the 9th by this coming summer)
- 7 jobs (between the 2 of us)
- 6 vehicles
- many pets: 1 baby chick, 1 bearded dragon, 1 tree frog, 1 pig, 2 horses, 2 dogs, 3 rabbits, 7 goats, 15 or so cats, 50 some chickens, many lizards, a few adopted calves.... is that it?...oh yes, and 1 milk cow
- TONS of happy, lots of exciting, some boring, a few sad, some scary, a tiny bit mad, but mostly Grrrrrrrrrreat times!
Look, our percentage of true love is almost our anniversary date! Yeah, that's why we picked it.
You ROCK, Westonian!!

9 comments:
Too stinking adorable! ahhhh!!! I was there and knew you guys when. I can NOT believe it's been that long...but I've been married for over 6 years...so I guess it has. So beautiful!
Happy anniversary! I'm happy to have watched a small part of your story.
Congratulations to my most outdoorsy, adventurous, fun lovin', just great ol' time friends! Can't believe it's been seven years. And I still remember hearing about your crush, Carrie, on Weston, even before he came out to Hawaii....ahhh...the good ol' days! So happy it worked out and is awesome!
I love the chapters of your life. Thankfully, you're an avid blogger, so stay tuned. You two are the most! Congrats on 7 years of bliss!
that is so great! i loved the pictures. you guys are so great together. so much love!
I wish my kissing pictures looked that cute.
I just got off the phone with you, and thought I would check your blog...couldn't get enough Carrie I guess.
I remember your reception in Reno. I remember meeting you really quick in the airport and thinking, "oh, she is so pretty, I hope I get to be related to her someday" *wink*
YAH YAH YAH!!!!!!!
Jamee
You guys are so awesome. Enjoy every minute of every day. Are you trying to set a moving record?
carrie... i wish you lived closer. i just am in love with your little (and growing) family. excited to hear about your new baby boy and merry christmas and happy anniversary. let's throw in a happy new year for good measure.
Post a Comment