Little did I know that 5 years later, not only would I be married to their nephew/cousin, but I would be doing something similar to what they did for me.
Weston hires his summer-help kids, and a few of those kids have stayed with us while working (Ean, Alma, Dan, Bekah, Jamon, and Ammon). Our children love to play with them, jump on them, tease them, beat on them, etc. I love having these kids in our home; all of them have been great examples, and a lot of fun, for Spencer, Kate, and Ezra.
In a very small way, I feel like I'm giving back; giving like how the Virginia Andelins gave to me, and still give to so many who pass through their home.
A page from my scrapbook of when I worked at the zoo. In it: Jana, Megan, Melissa, and Taylor (and me):

I saw Ean one day walking up the driveway with the kids hanging off of him and I had to run and grab my camera. It isn't a very good picture because I was hurrying and didn't get the flash on, and then they were down right after I took it:

After I took the above picture, I remembered those pictures in the above scrapbook page. So I made Ammon (Weston's baby brother) pose the same way yesterday. Got the flash on for this one:
Ezra loves to say "Alma" and/or "Ammon" all day. He actually thinks that he is Ammon's baby and not mine or Weston's.
Alma with Ezra on the slip-n-slide in the backyard:

Jammin' Jamon, Weston's bro, hangin' with S & K:

Sweet and beautiful Miss Bekah, Weston's cousin, left her family and her job of milking the cow at home to come and make bread for us, help me make freezer meals, teach me many useful cooking skills, and to help me start a pre-school for our kids:

Dan, Bekah's brother and milker co-op, came and worked at the same time as Bekah. They are some fun kids to have around. He is on his mission now in Ohio:

Okay, so the only one that lived with us that I don't have a picture with my kids is my cool and ever so intelligent bro-i-l, Jamon. Jamon, I know you took some with you and the kids. If you email me one I'll add it.
2 comments:
Those are wonderful memories.
Sigh. The full circle! I love the full circle idea that the Lord had. That is a very nice thing He provided for us so that we could say "thanks" in the most meaningful way. Whenever I was very sick and prego with Brigham, there was a lady who brought me meals three times a week for like three months! One day I said "How am I ever going to repay you?" She said :"look for the sick and prego lady when you are not, and do the same to her." Full circle.
Post a Comment