
I found out this winter that I am highly allergic to long, cold, snowy winters far from people. I love the ranch and all, but man, we are sure far from things. In the warmer months there is lots to do around the ranch...4wheelers, swimming, trampoline, etc, and people visit us all the time, so it's really fun...but when it's cold and there's 3 feet of snow on the ground...whew...can't really go anywhere cuz there is too much snow and ice, and by the time it melts the gas prices have gone so sky high that it costs $180 to fill up our fuel sucking 1999 suburban, which also happens to have an exhaust leak so we get either headaches or super silly from gas fumes so we can't even really go get the mail. (Whoa, was that a major run-on sentence, er what?) If you can't see in the picture I am trying to show the rearview mirror's temperature...it says 75 degrees. That's why I am smiling...because I love that temperature! However, I have noticed that here in Idaho, at least here at the ranch, in-the-70s is quite rare. It goes from chilly and windy in the low 60s to like 90. But I won't complain about the 90 degrees cuz I happen to love it! I love keeping the windows open in the day, and at night and listening to the creek and frogs and crickets. I love letting the kids get soaking wet and run barefoot. I love that the kids wear less clothes for me to have to wash and I love hanging the clothes outside to dry and the smell the clothes have when I bring them in...especially the sheets when I get to sleep on them crisp, freshly laundered in Tide and clothes lied dried! It's like smelly candy for me! Oh SUMMER!!!! Bring it on!!!!
9 comments:
Well said. You make me want to leave the city and find a quite multitude of acres to live on.
I could not agree more. Its been in the 90's here for 2 days, hot, and LOVING IT! Like you said, not complaining. BRING IT ON! J
I love it when the weather is warm too! I miss Hawaii weather, rain or shine, it was always great to go outside and play.
Answer to your question about the grass background I think we got it online somewhere. here's the link:
body {
background-image: url(http://allredmase.googlepages.com/550074_low.jpg/550074_low-full;init:.jpg);
Hey you! Your kids are so cute. Keri gave me your blog address. It looks like you guys are having fun in Idaho dispite the ups and downs in weather. I miss you guys and I am so glad that now we have a way to keep in touch.
Melissa Johnson
i'm glad you're having good weather now. enjoy it. i just read your post about taylor and her family. how is she today? the whole thing just got me thinking how important it is to take advantage of every single day. you never know if you'll have tens of thousands more or just a few.
I would love to come see you when you come to Carson just let me know when you are coming so we can arrange something. We actually live in Sparks now.
Hey you guys! I didn't know you had a blog! I love the picture of the farm boots--awesome! Sounds like you guys are doing great!
I would usually agree with you about loving a hot summer, because summer is also my favorite. However, this year I will be prego all summer, so I am hoping its not too hot so my feet don't blow up like a balloon!
Bring on the summer!!!
Post a Comment