Saturday, May 24, 2008

Play day with Callen and Dawson


Callen and Dawson came over last Tuesday and played with us for like 11 hours. They are the Coburn's cousins and their mom and dad were at the hospital with Taylor. They are super cute boys...except when Dawson and Ezra decide to duke it out with each other then Dawson isn't quite as cute. But we really had a lot of fun with them, and I had fun taking pictures of them, obviously. It was busy..ages 5, 4, 3, 2, and almost 2...5 kids 5 and under...fun for a day, but maybe not too much longer. We did many um, creative things...check it out:

We built a fort in the living room cuz it was cold and windy outside for a while. That was fun and lasted all of 5 minutes before it was destroyed.

Spencer, Kate, and Callen transformed into superheroes so we had to go outside...the wind makes for great flying weather for Batman and Superman.

They rescued a poor little lizard that was cold and took turns keeping it warm. What thoughtful heroes!

Snack break..lizard stays outside!
Back outside. The area under the porch on the southeast side of the house makes a great play area; it's almost always shadey and protected from the elements, and that little thing between the rock columns makes a great "store/drive-thru". On the other side of it (behind Superman Callen) is a little sandy area that's great for trucks and buckets and stuff.

Peek-a-boo Dawson!

But then the sprinkler came on and poor little Dawson got soaked (but it was on purpose). And since it was cold and windy out I brought them all in to get Dawson warmed and dried in some of Ezra's clothes. I was a bit distracted and put both of his legs into one pant leg...which I didn't notice until I understood why he was crying.

We had fun with cereal boxes...well the older three did.

Ezra not so much.

Callen liked my lacrosse stick...however, he thought it was a face mask.

Near the end of the day we were all a bit tuckered. Callen, Dawson, and Ezra all fell asleep in random places. Ezra had a horrific diaper that couldn't go unchanged so I moved him from the hard floor to his bed, changed the nasty diaper, and he never stirred.

No comments: