Saturday, September 5, 2015

First Day of School 2015


The first day of school was last Tuesday.

Kate is now in 6th grade.  There is one boy in her class this year.  She is no longer the only one in her grade, and she is not the oldest student, which she was looking forward to until we met the new boy a week before school started.  She has never had another girl in her grade, and at various times has had one other boy with her (Z, A, and now D).  It's her 2nd year of being the oldest girl in school.


Ezra is in 4th grade, with one other boy, and one girl.


Jiles is in 1st grade, with 2 girls, but it's the first time going to school for him, besides the 4 days he went last year before we (he) decided he wasn't quite ready and we homeschooled him.


And this year Spencer is in 7th grade!  The elementary goes to 6th.  The middle and high schools are an hour and 15 minute bus ride away.  2 1/2 hours a day on the bus.  12 1/2 hours a week on the bus?  No thanks.  That's not the only reason, but we decided to homeschool him.  We've actually been planning on it the whole time.  Now that it's here, let's hope it all goes well.  


I would love to homeschool these other 3, too, and I know Spencer would love them with him, but we love our little country school.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Terra said...

How I love to read about your "Boonie Life"! Sometimes I wish I was born in the Laura Ingalls time when things seemed so much simpler. You seem to capture that in the way you live today:) Thanks for sharing!