Monday, June 8, 2015

Jiles is 6!




Our Jiles boy is 6!

And what a sweetie he is! 

At 6 years old, Jiles is really helpful to me and to Oliver especially.  He will put a diaper on Oliver after a bath before I can get to him, and get him dressed in the morning without being asked (which leads to some awesome outfit combinations).  He puts Oliver's boots on him (even brushing off any dirt from the bottom of his feet first), and offers to watch him outside.  He will make his own sandwich and breakfast, which is so helpful.  


He is also very, very thoughtful!  One time we had some people over, and Jiles filled up as many cups as there were people without being asked, and delivered them to everyone.  It was so sweet.  He has made me sweet jelly and ham sandwiches (mmmm, right?), and he offers people his toys all the time if he thinks it will make them happy.  Oh what a special little soul he is!   I have loved doing homeschool with him this year.  He says he wants to go to school next year, but secretly I hope when the time gets closer he will change his mind.  He is getting a lot better with his speech, is reading short books, and can count to 100 (with a little help).  He can add and write and likes maps.  He says he wants to be a police officer when he grows up.  Not too long ago, he wanted to be an astronaut.  I think what inspired him to change his mind to be a police officer is when Weston got pulled over for speeding on Memorial Day.  Ever since then, it's been a cop.  

Jiles plays for hours with very little.  Dirt and a stick?  Yep.  Play dough and a match box car?  Totally.  He gets so deep in his little world.  I try not to interrupt, but love to watch and listen.

I took him out the other day to take his six year old pictures.  He was very excited and had definite places where he wanted to take them.  He'd go to one spot and pose and I'd snap a few, then he'd want to see them and then would chose a new location and a new pose.  It was awesome and so fun!  He also picked out his sweet outfit.





He found a cool toy in his pocket while we were taking pix, and had to take a moment to play with it.


Whoa!  Gettin' tricky!







His handwriting in the sand.  (He's a lefty, by the way.)


I love my Ji-Guy!!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Walker Family said...

Oh Jiles is sweet!! I love his style too!!