Did you think that I abandoned my blog?
Well I didn't.
I just have been choosing sleep (and Instagram) over blogging lately, out of necessity with a newborn.
(I guess that he isn't so newborn anymore; he's 2 1/2 months old.)
You understand, right?
Good.
{{{{....................********....................}}}}
Big news for today:
My mom and dad
(on the right in the picture)
are coming back home
from their mission in Poland
TODAY!
They have been gone for 21 months. Weston's parents are on the left. They have been serving in Bogota, Colombia as mission president and wife for 19 months and have 17 more to go.
We are proud of our parents and all 4 of them are talked about daily in our home, whether it be in prayer or in conversation, and probably mostly by Jiles. He talks about them a lot and prays for them to "come back home" in every prayer he says.
(on the right in the picture)
are coming back home
from their mission in Poland
TODAY!
They have been gone for 21 months. Weston's parents are on the left. They have been serving in Bogota, Colombia as mission president and wife for 19 months and have 17 more to go.
We are proud of our parents and all 4 of them are talked about daily in our home, whether it be in prayer or in conversation, and probably mostly by Jiles. He talks about them a lot and prays for them to "come back home" in every prayer he says.
Jiles mentions Grammie (my mom) mostly; she has become his scape goat in various situations. For example:
-Jiles sits on the table. I ask him to get off. His reply, "Grammie says that I can sit on the table."
-Jiles does not want to eat his dinner. "Grammie says that I don't need to eat that."
-"Grammie doesn't put me in time out."
(He also told me once that his "udder [other] one mom is a dah-er [doctor], and duh'n't put me in time out.")
(He also told me once that his "udder [other] one mom is a dah-er [doctor], and duh'n't put me in time out.")
-"Grammie says that I can have a cookie."
Kate asked me, as we were making bread one day, if I have ever eaten yeast by itself. Jiles piped in, "Grammie gave me yeast once in a spoon."
It is quite humorous and I wish that I had written down all the different scenarios because there are many and they are funny.
Jiles also says that Grammie is his mom. I say, "No, I'm your mom, and she is my mom." To that he replies, "I know, so she's my mom too."
He thinks that the guest cottage next to us is my parents house because they lived there for 2 months between selling their house and going on a mission. When people stay there Jiles gets very defensive of the house and the items in it. If the guest uses a cup, he tells them, "that's Grammie's cup," etcetera.
They have a house in Provo now, so they might just have to "move out" of the guest cottage for Jiles's sake.
We made a finish line that says "Mission Accomplished" for them to bust through at the airport today. The older kids colored it on Sunday evening and Zoe helped me finish it yesterday.
They have a house in Provo now, so they might just have to "move out" of the guest cottage for Jiles's sake.
We made a finish line that says "Mission Accomplished" for them to bust through at the airport today. The older kids colored it on Sunday evening and Zoe helped me finish it yesterday.
She was really concentrating on her little drawings.
Who knew she could pull a southpaw so well?
Jiles has been waiting for today for the last 21 months.


No comments:
Post a Comment