Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Birthday


My birthday was last Friday.
I turned...
ready for it?

Thirty 
FIVE

35!

And at 33 weeks pregnant.

Since I was the boss for the day (as Ezra says), I ordered a chill and lazy morning, a trip to a small pumpkin patch with our family and my sister and her family, early dinner at a Mexican restaurant with them, and an early night in playing games with the fam.  It went exactly as ordered.

On our way to the pumpkin patch, we dropped a couple puppies off to a lady who wanted them.  Bye-bye, Minnie and Whiskers. 


Then to The Berry Ranch, where we went last year.  I like them because they are small, and not crowded, and don't spray any of their stuff with nasty chemicals.


It was a
GORGEOUS
day.  That was a great present in and of itself, especially considering that the day before was nasty and windy and cold.  We met up with my sister and her family, like I said before, and that was so fun.  We hardly ever get together, which is sad.  We are only about an hour and a half away from each other.

Zoe RAN straight for that puddle.  There was zero slowing down until she was on the other side of it.
Holly just after she caught the run away Zoe.
My cute niece Sadie.
Kate's sweet sock choice.
My 10-year-old nephew, Aidan, was so cute with Jiles carrying and bouncing him like a baby.  Hahaha.
The hay ride was fun and relaxing.
Brendan, Spencer, Aidan
My adorable niece Olivia.
Whitney and Olivia entertaining their cousin Zoe.
This photographer from a local newspaper was following the hay ride taking photos.  In this photo he was taken a picture of the photo below (but from a different angle, of course).
"W-h-i-t...."   Whitney seems to always get the attention.  Holly and I were cracking up about it. 

When I got home that night I was looking at the pix, and I realized I didn't have any of me in them.  Not that I need to have photos of me, but I thought it would've been nice to have at least one in documenting my 35th birthday.  Holly sent me these from her phone:


At the Mexican restaurant they gave us a banquet room since there were 14 of us.  That was great.  We could be a little louder and the kids could wander around the room when they were done eating.  I got sang to with a sombrero on my head.  It was fun and the food was yummy.

On the way home we drove by one of our hay stacks that another farmer puts up.  The sun was about to set and cast its golden light on the hay.  It was purty, as was the cut corn field across the road.

Jiles and Zoe fell asleep on the way home.  We got home at 8 something and Spencer started a fire and Weston and I and the 3 oldest ate ice cream and played Pictionary.  It was so fun and we got some really great laughs out of it, like when Ezra drew this picture below, which Kate and I could never guess.  Can you guess what it is?


His term was China doll.  That's the Great Wall of China there.  We laughed hard. 


It was a good birthday.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! I love all the pics of the pumpkin patch. I'm envious of your cooler temperatures. We're taking the kids to the pumpkin patch this weekend...it's supposed to be in the 90's--ugh!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! :-)

The Mrs. said...

What a cute day for a perfectly perfect adorable beautiful pregnant thirty five year young Mama!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo