We went to The Berry Ranch yesterday. They sell berries in the spring ands have a pumpkin patch in the fall. In our nearly 10 year parental career, we have only taken our kids to 2 pumpkin patches: one in Reno, NV, when we were living in Carson City; and Uncle Cameron and Aunt Natalie's pumpkin patch just north of Reno. We had never tried to go to one here in Idaho, and we only grew 9 tiny pumpkins this year, so we thought we'd give it a try.
I love the look of their store-in-a-barn. I love how it is partially painted, and partially not.
They had some big ones up front for sale, but we were wanting the PYO (pick your own) variety.
Check out these giants.
This is the "warted" pumpkin pen:
Old roof, old barn siding and teeny windows, pens, pumpkins...isn't it beautiful?
Close up of the warties... (and Zoe's cute jeans)...
We were glad that we had that wheel barrow to use. It ended up like how the stroller ends up when we take it, carrying everybody's everything: sweatshirts, socks and boots, Jiles's dump truck, and yeah, and pumpkins.
I am finally getting little hair clips in Zoe's hair. Her hair is so fine and slippery, though, that they end up falling out. This one in her hair yesterday is somewhere at the pumpkin patch still.
In the patch...
This dry old field of pumpkins was sure pretty.
I also liked the view of what was at the end of the pumpkin field...
The sign going into the patch said that all children had to carry out their pumpkins. Ezra was not going to let that rule work against him....
And neither was Kate...
Jiles is asking in this picture, "Where my puh-in?"
Weston had jumped across the ditch to go look at something farmy or other. He wanted me to take his picture of him jumping back over the ditch. I was thinking the whole time, I think that we are breaking the rules, and was waiting somebody to bust us.
Jiles got a blister because I didn't think about getting him long socks to wear with his cowboy boots. He was super cranky until I let him just run barefoot.
Inside the store-in-a-barn...
I have realized in the last little while that Miss Z. Charlotte is not afraid of animals. In fact, she is giddy around them and gets right up next to them.
Corn maze...
The last time I went into one of these, Spencer was almost 3 and was crazily everywhere. I was so afraid that I was going to lose him that I did not have fun at all. But this one was small enough, and it helps that the kids are bigger. It was really fun for them.
I would see them pop up here and there, always smiling and laughing.
Most of the time they were just a blur...
Zoe was on my hip the whole time, and it was hard to walk around in there with her.
I think that her hair clip is in that corn maze.
We left with 5 large pumpkins. Although, I would have loved to have taken this whole pile...
We only got the kid from that pile, though.
We saw this sign on the way out.
After the pumpkin patch, we went to the Costco, and bought only enough food that we could cram between children and large pumpkins for the ride home.
Why do I sometimes feel like a freak show when I go to the store with all 5 kids? Do we look like a freak show or something?
Oh.
Maybe we do.
Spencer had a doctor's appointment that afternoon, and on the way there from Costco we saw this happy Volksy Bus. Love those curtains.
Weston waited in the car with the 4 littlest while I took Spencer in for his appointment. When we came out, we saw this:
Weston was painting Kate's toenails. Hahaha!
We painted some of the pumpkins today. I'll post about those later.
Happy Sabbath tomorrow!






4 comments:
So, Carrie, let me tell you our fun cosco trips. I take a portable high chair and strap it to a flat bed, so Phillip can snack or eat while we shop. And the rest of the kids pile on with the groceries all around them. oh, the looks we get, but I love it, we come in with a full cart and leave with one overflowing. go Weston, painting toenails.
Jesse Beth
Oh my, Jesse Beth girl, that made me laugh out loud!! I can just picture it. Too funny! Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, but if you have 5 kids, it's kind of necessary that you shop at Costco, no? So the weird looks that people give you aren't all that justified, in my opinion. Where exactly is that pumpkin patch? I've never heard of it. Looks like fun!
That reminds me of OUR pumkin patch!
Post a Comment