First of all, a big shout out to the author of an email with the subject title, "Ahem" and with the content of the email being the word BOONIE written really large 6 times. That did give me a gentle hint to finally post this post (okay, so like 4 days after the email), as well as a good laugh. (The author may or may not be present in some of these pictures.)
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
Weston, my rancher, had a birthday!
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
Weston, my rancher, had a birthday!
I've noticed that I am not the best at documenting birthdays. I need to be better, cuz those are always fun, and big, events.
9 days ago, Weston turned the big
3-5.
That is BIG.
In celebration, he wanted to go camping and ride motorcycles. So a-camping we did go. In the front yard, basically. In fact it is the same place where we went out to eat. Some of our good friends came up and brought their bikes, too. The weather was FABULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL.
In celebration, he wanted to go camping and ride motorcycles. So a-camping we did go. In the front yard, basically. In fact it is the same place where we went out to eat. Some of our good friends came up and brought their bikes, too. The weather was FABULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL.
Spencer is sitting here with me while I post this and he wants me to title the above picture, "the motorcycle camp."
They rode for a bit before it got dark.
| "And make sure that you don't put me and Catherine, because that is actually Makaylee and Catherine." |
| Some of the bikes. |
Robb and Becky and Catherine came up with Callen and Jay and Jeannie and 4 of their kids came up.
Zoe loved "beebee" and wanted to share her marshmallow. I caught that one just in time.
We ate hamburgers and fruit and Becky had something really yummy and healthy (something with veggies) that I wish that I had. Robb grilled pork or chicken (I can't remember which one). The kids ate up a bag of marshmallows in no time (gag). The kids played some sort of night game in the field when it was dark. I love that. We did that ALL the time growing up.
We sat by the fire and talked and laughed and hoped the littlest ones would just fall asleep while we sat there. Only Zoe did.
| Becky and Zoe |
| Ezra, Kate, Makaylee, Cat, Callen, Spencer |
After a while Jay and Jeannie and 3 of their kids left (Makaylee stayed) and Becky stayed until it was time to turn in. She needed to get home.
We piled into the tent - our family - and Callen, who is just a little bit younger than Spencer. We had a good-as-it-gets-while-camping sleep. It was my first time sleeping on a cot and it made a HUGE difference. I was comfy but still had a hard time falling asleep. I kept checking on Zoe to make sure that she wasn't being smothered by Kate or Jiles, and to make sure that she was warm enough. I wasn't scared, as sometimes I do because I imagine, while camping, a bear or mountain lion slicing through the tent. I did, however, one time and unintentionally, imagine a pack of wolves surrounding our tent and then me trying to fight them off with the cot, our only "weapon". Thanks to Becky for asking if we had any problems with wolves before she left to go home. Hahaha. Zoe woke up sometime during the night, after I was sound asleep, and I pulled her into my bag with me. You can imagine how well I slept after that, not being able to move.
The next morning was gorgeous, like the day before. I love the mornings when camping. They are so fresh and bright. I always have a feeling of accomplishment - of surviving the previous night in the tent.
Weston went out early to do his chores, and I went home (3/4 mile) and got eggs and apple cider and bananas, and brushed my teeth and changed me and Zoe's clothes.
When the sun came out it was
GLORIOUS!!!
Weston met up with me at the house and rode back with me for breakfast around the campfire.
(Zoe is waving to him as she sees him in this picture right now, "Hi, Daddy!")
Robb made biscuits and bacon in the back of his, might I add, sweet truck. Then it was time to get the bikes revved up and ready.
The helmets strapped on...
Horses saddled up...
Observationists to be warmed up...
Bikes to be revved up...
(wait, didn't we already cover that one?)
Bikes to be test ridden to make sure they were sound for the kids...
Then let the riding begin.
| Kiwi and Cat |
Hey there, Birthday Rancher! 35 looks good onya.
| Ezra and Cat |
| Rancher and Spencer |
Callen, our friends' kid that came up with Robb and Becky, just learned how to ride that motorcycle right when he got to our house. He had ridden a smaller one (his mom said that he learned to ride a motorcycle before he learned to ride a bike), but I was a little nervous for him to ride that bigger one. He was totally shaky at first, but in like NO time, he looked like a little motocross kid.
Too bad Callen couldn't pick up or start his bike when it would stall out or tip over. We'd hear a high-pitched "Robb!" from wherever he was whenever he needed help. It was actually pretty funny.
| Kate, Weston, Jiles, and Makaylee and Robb |
| Robb and Kiwi |
Spencer got his motorcycle for Christmas and has gotten really good at riding it.
Ezra sported the mini 4-wheeler.
And I even rode. First Spencer's bike, then Weston's (which Weston says is too small for him, and perfect for me). It has a push start button and not a kick start, which is really nice.
I thought so, too, while riding it, until I stopped, and it tipped over...
...and then I couldn't pick it up.
Then I felt like a big ol' weakling.
![]() |
| Callen riding by "The Face". |
Kate wanted to learn how to ride Spencer's. She is brave. But also very, very cautious, like her mother. Weston is so good at teaching them to ride bikes - both kinds.
| What a cutie! |
| Woohoo!! |
It ran out of gas, though.
Big brothers gave their little sisters rides (after the gas tank was filled). So adorable!
Jiles and Zoe weren't moving, of course. Even though the 4-wheeler was not even on, I love how Zoe held on so tightly to Ji.
All the kids (even Zoe back there)...
Jiles and Zoe did a pretty great job at wrecking Robb's tent.
Happy Birthday, Rancher Man!
Sure love you!

2 comments:
awesome fun! Happy birthday Weston! Sorry I wasn't around on your bday to remind Cameron to call you....so i am not sure if he did! Yeah you're halfway between 30 and 40. That looks like a great way to spend your birthday and im glad the weather was so great. cameron would have LOVED to be riding motorcyles with you!!
I love the picture of Jiles and Zoe together.
Sounds like it was a fun birthday blast1
Post a Comment