Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Night



I gave Ezra and Spencer haircuts tonight.  Spencer got a #4 buzz.  I like his hair short.  Ezra can't stand the buzzers; he thinks they tickle, so he is giggling so much it's hard to get him to hold still.  I like his hair longer on the top, and so does he.  He spent forever talking to himself in the mirror and making faces when I was done, like in the photo above.  Ezra is SUCH a ham.  He makes me laugh more than anyone probably.  While he was in my bathroom, he peaked in the shower and said, "No fair.  You can dance in your shower."  After he was done making faces at himself in the mirror, I let him take a shower in my shower.  He told me after he got out that he only did 2 push-ups in there.  What a silly.  :)

After all the kids got showered or bathed and jammied, all 7 of us piled on the couch, and after I cleaned out ears, clipped fingernails and brushed hair (you know, the usual Saturday night grooming), we listened to Placido Domingo on the record player.  We turned the lights out, Spencer lit a couple of candles on the hearth, and we watched the fire and cuddled - me at one end of the couch with Zoe, Ezra, and Kate, and Weston at the other end with Jiles and Spencer- as Placido sang what might as well have been lullabies.  It was so relaxing.  Kate fell asleep.  She is almost always the first asleep and the first awake in the morning.

Everyone's asleep in their beds now and Weston and I are going to go watch The Help.  I read the book  a few years ago, but haven't seen it yet.  I hope it's good.  

Photobucket

1 comment:

Megan and Keli'i said...

What a lovely post. I love real life posts. No glam. Just what is. Magic.

Let me know what you think about the movie. Wasn't my favorite, but I LOVED the book.