hApPy BiRtHdAy
To My SiStEr
JuLeS, jEwElS eYe, JuLiE
tOdAy.

She is awesome!
She was one of my best friends growing up. We would laugh 'til we cried and have such fun together, especially in the few years before she left home for college and got married.
I really, really think the world of her and love her so much.
She is so kind and thoughtful and beautiful and funny and fun.
I don't see her nearly enough these days.
![]() |
| my family just before our little brother mark was born. Holly, Mom, Dad, and Wendy in the back. David, Brian, me, and Julie in the front. |
I was looking for some pictures in my hope chest tonight, trying to find one of Miss Jules. I don't have that many, but here are a couple.
| Christmas morning 1986. l to r: Mark, Brian, Julie, me. |
| Visiting Kirtland, Ohio. Brian, me, Mark, Julie (love the perms, dears) |
Here is a letter that she wrote to me when she was out at Ricks and I was still in High School (this really makes me laugh): 

My nickname from my family is Scarrie Breth.
"I rubba ru"
signed Jem-a-lou.
Like the rest of my siblings, she helped to form who I was, my character, my likes and dislikes, and my fine, if I do say so myself, taste in music. People like the ever studly Rick Astley...
...and Christopher Cross.
I hadn't listened to this song in forever, and when I heard it today it sure took me back -
back to playing barbies under the stairs at our Virginia house on rose-colored carpet.



1 comment:
Thanks Carrie! You made my day.
Post a Comment