Lots happening.
Well, lots that happened last week that I would like to post about, but I can't upload pictures right now because I just had to buy more space. (I am currently using 100% of my 1 GB quota for photos, and just had to buy 25 GB more for $2.49 per month. Has this happened to anyone else?)
It may take up to 24 hours before my account is updated and I can upload pictures.
I started this post last week, but ran out of time, so I will finish it now...
:) :) :) :) :)
We had some family pictures taken.
I'm in love with them.
I really am so happy with how they turned out. I am trying to decide which ones to frame, and which one to make into a canvas to put over the fireplace.
I really am so happy with how they turned out. I am trying to decide which ones to frame, and which one to make into a canvas to put over the fireplace.
My sister-in-law's sister-in-law, Megan took them for us. (Yay for Megan! Thank you!!)
Hopefully we weren't too hard to work with, what with a bunch of wild barefoot children, animals, bright sunlight, heat, eating-not-smiling people, and whatever else.
Hopefully we weren't too hard to work with, what with a bunch of wild barefoot children, animals, bright sunlight, heat, eating-not-smiling people, and whatever else.
This was sort of a "redo" from Easter time when Weston's family was all together, and ours didn't really turn out (which I am actually very glad about since we were all sort of ragamuffins back then at Easter time, and we got to have this shoot all to ourselves (and after a few haircuts) - yay).
Family picture time isn't really a jump-up-and-scream-"yay" time for my little ones, and I can't say I blame them. I never liked having family pictures done when I was younger either. This is how it would go when I was still living at home:
somebody in my family: "Carrie, go fix your hair."
me: "I just did."
somebody else: "Are you going to wear that?"
me: "Um...yeah."
I laugh about it now. I love my family to infinity and back, and I like standing next to them, but I did not like getting myself dolled up, and I did not like posing. I would much rather have being doing something vigorous and sporty. Plus, I thought then, taking pictures was such a waste of time!
Now, ironically, I am a picture freak. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 14,000 pictures on my computer. My children, like most (maybe), aren't crazy about getting dressed up and posing. I wanted this shoot to be a fun time for them, and for us as a family. I wanted it to be more candid and not so much posed. I like posed, too, but I love real life pictures.
We picked a spot in a field down by the creek, and the kids and I got to work: we set up a little "table" out of a water trough and an old door; I had gotten all these old school chairs for $5 each at our library's book/yard/bake sale the day before; I finally painted a chandelier that I've had for like 2 years and hung it with baling twine on a branch above the table; hung (also with twine) an empty green frame and a framed painting that I got from a thrift store that looks like Stardust, the horse that Weston's family had since he was 5 that just died; hung some banner/pendant/bunting (what is the proper name for it anyway?) that I made for last year's carnival; and the kids found some nests that made for great centerpieces.
We picked a spot in a field down by the creek, and the kids and I got to work: we set up a little "table" out of a water trough and an old door; I had gotten all these old school chairs for $5 each at our library's book/yard/bake sale the day before; I finally painted a chandelier that I've had for like 2 years and hung it with baling twine on a branch above the table; hung (also with twine) an empty green frame and a framed painting that I got from a thrift store that looks like Stardust, the horse that Weston's family had since he was 5 that just died; hung some banner/pendant/bunting (what is the proper name for it anyway?) that I made for last year's carnival; and the kids found some nests that made for great centerpieces.
| Spencer pre-shoot. Kind of an idea of where we were, and the chandelier (which I didn't have candles that fit). |
![]() |
| The "serious" shot. |
We tried to get a goat, but it jumped out of the window of the suburban before we even left the driveway, and we wanted Cookie our milk cow, but she was too stubborn and wouldn't budge (it wasn't milking time).
Oh, and I brought food. People eating during a photo shoot may not be the best idea, or make for the best pictures, but it sure keeps my family happy and in one spot long enough to take some pictures.
Rainbow fruit tray anyone? It has become a family favorite.
And we brought a snack for Mattie, too, of course...
Cutes of the kiddies:
![]() |
| Umm, hi, Mattie, please don't lick my face. |
Kate loved that I didn't fix her hair, and that she got to pick out her clothes. That really does make for a happier Tater Tot.
This is Spensker in his fort, which is right next to where we were:
W + C = <3
(that's supposed to be a heart)
Weeeeee!
And this is pretty exciting. Zoe learned a new trick the day or so before these pictures (at 11 1/2 months old). See for yourself:
![]() |
I love my little girlfriends...
...and all my boyfriends!
He's got it all under control, as always.
Matilda eats a lot (and is now about double her size in this picture)...
My Mama made this quilt for our wedding 10 1/2 years ago. I absolutely love it. I had a rug/carpet under it, so it wouldn't get (too) dirty. It goes great with popcorn, and giggly kids (and 101 and Dalmatians). Mmmmm.





























8 comments:
Your family is so beautiful and i love the setup you did. So fun!
Your family is so beautiful and i love the setup you did. So fun!
Those pictures are adorable! I'm pretty sure Ezra has the most stellar smile ever :) You guys are awesome.
Gorgeous! I love the Andelin's! You guys are the best.
So glad you posted the pictures...I hope they were completly to your liking;) I always get a bit nervous still when I give people their photos- you guys were so fun though!
Also...about the whole blogger thing- mine says the exact same thing!!!! so you just pay per month and there are no problems? I think I am going to print my blog to a book soon but I kind of don't like the idea of deleting old posts...maybe I will give the pay per month thingy a shot!
Oh I just love these photos! They are so fun and expressive, and your setup is perfect for your style and your family! Another great shoot by Megan :) She is awesome! And fun ideas on your part Carrie. I love your whimsical-ness! (I just made up that word) I think I would have a hard time picking which ones to put on my wall too, but for sure you need to put lots of them up all around your house! (wink,wink)
love you guys!
Every one of these is so fantastic!
Such amazing family photos! Looks like you guys have a lot of laughs and love to share. Beautiful quilt too.
Post a Comment