Thursday, June 14, 2012

E = 6




Ezra turned 6 yesterday.

Man, I love this kid.  He is so easy going, and fun, and cute, and easy to make laugh, and is so dang funny!  He still quotes movies, loves to be with the big kids, has the cutest little gap (and very white) teeth, and is still a grammar slaughterer.  (i.e. "Them haded to do that.")

This kid Ezra has about the biggest personality ever.  


That is really what he was saying when I took that picture.

The birthday person is The Boss for their day, so said Ezra a couple of years ago.  Ezra, yesterday's Boss, decided that he wanted to be the one that got to go bale hay with Weston.


We went out after about an hour to see how Ezra was doing.


He told me that after he baled with Weston for a while, he got out of the tractor to explore.  He saw some baby birds and was heading toward them when the parent birds, which had really long beaks, came charging over to him and "trieded" to get him over and over again, but he kept dodging them.  We all laughed how that was our version of Angry Birds.


 All the kids, except for Zoe who was in the suburban asleep, piled into the tractor for some serious baling.




Then they got out and we looked for those baby birds, as the parent birds circled us, but we couldn't find them.


Jiles did not want to share a bale.


I let Ezra steer for a while around and around the field while we waited for Weston to finish.  He was in heaven, laughing and laughing, especially whenever I pushed the gas pedal fast.


When we came back home from baling, we made some stuffed animal horses, and then later in the evening we had his requested pizza and peaches for dinner on the back porch.  Grandma and Grandpa joined us.  And so did a few non-humans.




We had cake and ice cream and then Ezra opened his presents.  Ezra's favorite presents are the dinosaur magnet book that he got from Grandma and Grandpa, and the 6-shooter rubber band gun that he got from Daddy.


He wanted a robot cake like he had for his 3rd birthday.   I didn't have a lot of supplies, so it was a really simple robot.  I made the body and head and frosted it, and asked Ezra if he wanted to decorate it.  He was thrilled, to say the least, and loaded it up with some major sweetness (to say the least).  Weston had bought some Twizzlers, and my mom had given me some cake decorating stuff, and I had a few Sweet Tart hearts left over from V-Day.  Sweet (literally). 
The candles are a 5 and then a single candle.  We didn't have a 6, so he did 5 + 1 (even though it looks like 51).  I love easy-to-please people.


And, holy toledo, I LOVE this kid Ezra.


I love how he tells stories (smiling and squinting and getting stuck on the ends of words, and of course his grammar).
I love how he loves "his girl" Zoe.
I love his blonde hair against his tan skin and his big dark hazel eyes.
I love his sweet ninja moves and flips on the trampoline.
I love his giggly, irrepressible sense of humor, 
and his wide smile,
and his love for making things and drawing,
and how he is almost always the last one awake at night,
and how he asks me to sing the "skeeters" song,
and his movie-quoting ability,
and his dimple on his right cheek, 
and that smile and those twinkly melt-my-heart eyes, 
and his zest for life!

Goodness, what a boy we have been sent!


Photobucket

3 comments:

The Mothership said...

I agree, Ezra, you are fun, sweet, wonderful, and a blessing to all of your (our) family!!!
We love you!
Grammie and Grandad

The Mrs. said...

Carter says "Happy Birthday, Ezra! And, I want to play with you sometime soon!"

We love his positive, happy, handsome, fun, funny, nice self

Love,
Jamee, Daron, O, C, B, and J

Natalie in Sparks said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! Sounds like a fun day! you are an awesome boy!