Monday, November 21, 2011

Must We Always Need a Title?

Sometimes titles come easy, and other times...I got nothing'.

Hi.
How's it going with y'all?

Besides spending too much time on Pinterest, things are pretty normal for us.  
Our kind of normal, I suppose.  
Things like:
-the children play games, play toys, play piano (and do their chores)
-the rancher works, works, works (and plays here and there)
-the homemaker/mother (me) does homemaker and mother things (you know what that's like)
-it has already snowed and things are still mostly white and it already feels like Winter
-bears are gone for the Winter
-wolves are here for the Winter (4 spotted the other day on this here ranch )
-Carrie wishes that it wouldn't be Winter so daggone soon and that wild animals lived far, far away.
  

Anyway.

Zoe is 5 months old today.  I need to take some pictures of her being 5 months old.
  
And the kids are out of school (hooray!), and Thanksgiving is this week (hooray, hoorah!).
Weston's whole family (parents, all 5 brothers, and their families) will be here by Wednesday.  Love it. 

Sad news:  My parents don't live at the ranch anymore, as of yesterday.  They were here for 7 weeks, and it went by way. too. fast!  I LOVED having them here.  I miss looking out the window at night and seeing their lights on.  I miss the doorbell ringing, and the kids running to the door knowing that it is them.  I miss them being over here, even if it was just sitting in my library with a laptop looking for houses and doing all of their other business;  I just loves their presence.


My mom helped to get me jump started on some house projects.  Plus all that other good stuff that moms and grammies do for you.  Very awesome.  Thank you, Sary Mue.

Here are some other pictures.  They are of last Friday when we had a little snowstorm (about 3 inches):

The kids like to do my exercise videos with me.  This morning I was teaching Kate how to jab and cross (punching).  We were doing a little boxing video thing.  Exercise videos are not my favorite way to exercise.  Can't we all just play sports everyday?  That is definitely my favorite!
Grammie rolling out ginger cookies.  An apple speared and thought about being cored, peeled, and sliced for crisp (but it didn't because I got side-tracked).




Lunch after playing outside in the snow.  Warm homemade ham and potato soup (with one of the pig's that we raise), and Grammie's oatmeal cookies.


Strawberry, the goat that keeps getting out, thinks that she needs to be at the table with us.


Outside again.

Inside again.

Since it gets dark so early these days, there is plenty of time for games.  I do like that about Winter.  

Crosley's cranking out Christmas tunes.


Ezra blowing on his freshly ironed bead things.

And a little Little House (book 7) by (battery-operated) candlelight before bed should pretty much round things out and chill everybody out..

 Later!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Walker Family said...

OK yes... I LOVE interest too...and I love your blog. Makes me look forward to great times ahead:-) you inspire me!

Unknown said...

i love your sweet life. love your sweet farmhouse...love your parents on computers on the couch. love that rippy paper thing with the magnets...what is that?? looks cool! happy holiday, ms. boonie :)

evamarie said...

You guys are welcome to visit us ANYTIME you want to get away from the snow and get some sun. Elsa and Zoe can hang out and drool all over each other and become bosom friends. Or we could do an exchange! We'll come for a little snow and ranch life and you can come sweat in our house or go to the beach (which is much funner than sweating in the house).

liko said...

parents+laptop photo=pretty classic.

your photos make me wish we were having a white Christmas!!