Hey there.
I'm in the mood for somethin' crafty. How 'bout you?
I get like this here and there. Lately it is more here than there.
Here's a little something...
I saw this like 2 1/2 years ago and knew that someday I wanted to do something similar:
![]() |
| I added the text to this photo back in '09. |
Their's is way-the-heck cooler, but whatever.
Small cheap-o house numbers from Home Depot are easier to find than the extra large ones like in the picture above, and since I am a cheapskate, I go for the cheapest of the cheap-o: $1 something each.
To do what I'm doin' with them house #s...
To do what I'm doin' with them house #s...
plus wrapping paper (or cloth or whatever to use as the backdrop/matte), and cardboard, and tape (or other adhesive)
First, spray paint the #s...
First, spray paint the #s...
![]() |
spray paint + house numbers = a cool print on the drop cloth and painted numbers |
Then cut the cardboard to fit the window's glass.
Then wrap the cardboard with the wrapping paper and tape it (I am so not a perfectionist), and adhere picture to the wrapping paper.
work it...
Then wrap the cardboard with the wrapping paper and tape it (I am so not a perfectionist), and adhere picture to the wrapping paper.
work it...
![]() |
| This reminds me that Kate lost her first tooth tonight. |
And just try to get it done, patiently, with astronauts, tigers, and whatever else in full motion all around you.
It's fun.
Really fun.
When the numbers are dry, hot glue them into place wherever you want on the frame like in the photo below.
You just might finish with something sorta like this in 20 minutes or so:
You just might finish with something sorta like this in 20 minutes or so:
20 minutes or 14 months - one of the two. Yes, it took me 14 months from start (buying numbers) to finish (hanging it on the wall), but who pays attention to little details like that?







4 comments:
i prefer your rendition!!! love!!!
Love it! So if I start today I can have mine finished in 14 months? I am on the "five children" time schedule as well :)
So cute!!!
that turned out great! LOVE YOUR STYLE!
Post a Comment