Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jiles speaks his own language.


 I LOVE this blue-eyed boy.
How could you not?
He is a doll.
He is happy almost all the time.  
He gives hugs and kisses liberally to just about everyone.


And he has his own language.  
It is called Jilesese.
And it is dang adorable.
And dang hilarious.
And he has the cutest stratchy/throaty voice.


Here are a few vocabulary words in Jilesese (spelled as phonetically as possible):

Daddy (his favorite word) = "Dah-yay"
Zoe (his next most used word) = "Udder"
Ezra = "Eder"
Mommy = "Bobby" (lately.  It is usually "MOM!!" or just plain ole' "Mommy")
I would like to jump on the trampoline = "Wee!"
I would like a drink of water please = "Mo"
I would like to go with Daddy please. = "Dah-yay me!"
Daddy went out to work. = "Dah-yay woi."
Do you know where my other boot is? = "Mm boo ah?"


And here is a 39 second real life sampling for you.  This is when we were in one of the hotels last week and the kids were having fun talking to each other on the 2 phones that were in our room.  Jiles was talking to Spencer across the room here.  We all got a kick out of it (except for Zoe who was not amused at her temporary neglect.)  See if you can understand any of it.  If you can then you are doing better than me.


....
He gets in his own little world and talks like this to himself and to his toys for hours.  It is so cute to listen to! 

Love you, Ji Guy!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Belinda - The Lattimore Acre said...

Oh he is so adorable! I particular like how he tangles himself in the cord as he hangs up..... so sweet!!

Keri said...

Oh my goodness hes simply adorable in every way. love the phone conversation with spencer. what a riot.

Bekah said...

So so cute! I love it :) And I LOVE his blue eyes!

Natalie in Sparks said...

cuteness! those eyes are to die for, and it's good to record their cute voice at a young age! he is such a sweetie!

The Mrs. said...

Briggs said that Jiles was saying "I'm talking."

Briggs knows all about having your own language.

Jiles is super sweet. and cute.

Jamee
xoxo