Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ten on Ten: July 2011

10 on 10 13.

10 pictures
over 10 hours
(taken) on the 10th of the month
(but posted on the the 13th of the month)
documenting the day-to-day of today.


My last Sunday staying home from church with the baby.


10:11 a.m.  
Everyone but baby Zoe and I has left for church.  Zoe is sleeping.  I get a quiet moment to sit on the back porch and eat some breakfast - sourdough toast with butter and honey and a glass of milk.


10:57
After the quiet porch time, I head upstairs and lay on my bed next to Miss Zoe's bassinet for some quiet, soft, comfortable, and much desired bed time.


12:05
Still on my bed next to the sleeping babe, I (finally) finish up the 4th of July post that I started last week.


1:30 p.m.
Weston and big kids are home from church. Weston heads up the mountain with the back hoe to get a cow out of a well; the water was up to her chin.  The kids have a snack on the back porch - multi-colored goldfish and chocolate milk.



2:15 p.m.
Quike riding and ant observing and porch swing swinging on the front porch.


3:35 p.m.
Sunday supper - enchiladas and fresh fruit.


4:10 p.m.
Weston's turn to nap with the newborn.


5:00 p.m.
Change the water with Daddy.


6:33 p.m.
Scripture reading and scripture stories with popcorn in the clothesline tent with Daddy.


7:55 p.m.
Walk down to the barn to see the new bathroom that was just finished in there.  So exciting.  Really, it is.  


This was all on Sunday.  Today is Wednesday and 90+ people are coming here to the ranch today for the annual family reunion.  It will be loads and loads of fun.  There is a lot of outdoor adventure activities planned and lots of cool people!   Yippy!

ten on ten button

7 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

How cool is that? I'm gonna steal that idea some day.

You guys have the best life ever. So full of flavor and color and love. I love it.

liko said...

love it. every bit. especially your photos and my favorite - the clothesline tent. ah, carrie, your life is oh so lovely. thanks for sharing.

Roberts blog said...

Your life is unreal. Each picture a masterpiece. You are truly a talented photographer. You take angles and shots that I never would think of taking. Congrats on the beautiful tiny one. I was worried right along with you there those last couple of weeks. She is a blessing for sure.

Unknown said...

your view!!! oh my word! that is beautiful :) loved your set!!

The Tomlinsons said...

You take the best pictures. You are so creative. I love it.

Oh, the tent reading the scriptures is soooo cute.

Belinda - The Lattimore Acre said...

extraordinary pictures. fabulous post!!

Natalie in Sparks said...

All that in one day! And I hope Wes was able to save that cow in the well. Thanks for the fun times at the reunion! I think you were very calm despite the chaos and you are a saint for letting people stay at your house.