Thursday, July 28, 2011

Family Reunion at the Ranch 2011



This year it was Weston's mom and dad's turn to plan the annual family reunion with Weston's dad's family.  His dad has 5 brothers and 2 sisters, and they all have big families: smallest having 5 kids and biggest having 13 kids.  All of those kids are having kids.  Weston's grandparents have 8 living children, 60 grandchildren, and 61 great-grandchildren with 5 more on the way.  So there are a lot of people in this family.   

Yea, so, since they were in charge of it, 
it was here at the ranch!
Wahoo!

Just under 100 people came.


Every year the reunion is fun.  
This year was no exception; it was totally fun.

And it was so comfortable; I got to sleep in my own bed.
 And I didn't need to pack anything.  Bonus!

The theme of this reunion was
Andelin Ranch Adventures.
There were definitely lots of adventures.  Everyone got to sign up for different activites to participate in during the few days we were together.   

Horse back riding
10-miler 4 wheeler ride
20-miler 4 wheeler ride
Kiddy horse back riding
Rock climbing
Shooting
Archery
Mountain biking

We all got cool matching shirts to wear, too.



Amie and Tyson 
2 of the 3 sets of twins in the family, Karen and Kathy and Ethan and Austin
Jiles, Mark, and Luke
My Father-in-law and Grandma-in-law (She is an amazing lady!)
2 of my sisters-in-law and nephews (Leslie with Jaxon and Staci with Liam)
Brigham, Emma, Ezra, and Austin playing at the creek.
Some of the lodging.
My Grandpa-in-law.
Jennis and Brooklyn
Jiles, Ezra, Brynli, Katie, Jace, Paige, Camilla, Brooklyn, Kate and Carter waiting for their turn on the zip line.
Carter, Ezra, Kate, Katie, Jace and Brynli 
Jace on the zip line.
Karen, Rachel, Sarah, and Kathy
Weston, Jiles, Tyson, Natalie, and Emma.
Grandpa takes Grandma for a ride.  Yeah!

Amie crosses the monkey bridge.
Leslie, Ammon and Jaxon.
Cameron and Emma
Brian and Elaine teach the kids how to make whistles out of garden hose.  They really work.

Natalie with Zoe.
McKenna
Katie and Trent
Since Weston's Grandpa loves The Lawrence Welk Show so much, my father-in-law wanted to have the talent show take after it.  It was so good.  I can't believe the amount of talent in this family.  I wish that I had gotten it all on video.  I did get some of it.

"Lawrence Welk"
Uncle Brian and Aunt Elaine sang a number acting out some of The Lawrence Welk Show singers.  It was really funny.
My mother-in-law with 2 of her 3 granddaughters, Zoe and Emma.
4 of the 9 "Brian and Elaine girls" sang a song.  All 9 of them sang another song together.  They harmonize awesomely! 
Cameron and Natalie were "Bobby and Sissy" from the show.  They did a swing dance.  They are really good!

Uncle Mike and his son Trent did a harmonica duet.
A group before one of the 4-wheeler outings.
McKenna, Todd, and Carsten
Emily, Gary, and Joy
Weston's brother, Daron, the policeman, was the shooting guide.
My nephew, Brigham, hung out at the shooting range with his Daddy, Daron.
Daron and, uh, is that Matthew?
Jamon getting Paige ready to climb The Proposal.

Krissy climbing The Face.
Go, Paige, go!
Audrey and Stella wait for the climbers in the back of the pickup.
Jason takes on The Face.
Natalie's view on the trail ride.
Kara and Krissy.
Krissy, Natalie, and their trail guide, Jim.
Tia and Katia take Kate and Emily for a ride on Stardust and Jackie.
Brigham and Jackie
Carter and Jiles

Katia and David took a bareback ride in the hills on the giants, Tom and Willy.





Tom and Willy pull a load on a wagon ride.

I'm just lovin' Kate's outfit (including her footwear of one church shoe and one flip-flop).


Kate and Carter take a sip before going down the slip-n-slide.
Brigham, Kaleb, and Spencer
I love this picture of Emma trying to get a drink.
All the little ones waiting for the slip-n-slide (irrigation tarp) to get wet enough to slip on.
It's slide time!
Jace, Violet, Joy, Joshua and half of Bryson, 
Jamon hits the water/mud spot at the bottom
Liam got to go down with his daddy.  I don't think that he like it.
Daron and Brigham

Guy pile-up.  Who's in there?  I don't even know.  It looks like Hyrum, Kevin, Hayden, Matthew, Jamon, Bryce, Nate, Matt...
After a while they got out another roll of tarp for an even longer ride.
Grandpa and Uncle Gary man the fire hoses.
The fire truck.
Barn dance time.  The Virginia Reel.
Dancin' dancin' dancin'.  So fun!
The hostess and host of it all!  Thank you so much for all of your hard work, Mom and Dad!
I made a little video with highlights from the reunion.  Check it out.

(pictures and videos by Natalie and Cameron and Uncle Mark and me)


Photobucket

12 comments:

Leslie Andelin said...

You did a great job showing the reunion through pictures! I loved the video at the end too.

liko said...

family reunions are the best and yours looks like a blast!!
now THAT'S a slip-n-slide!!
and i love all the fun activities ya'll had, and i especially love the pictures of grandma and grandpa on the four-wheeler!

Tyson Andelin said...

Thanks!

Ammon said...

great job carrie

Tia said...

what a great job with your awesome pictures. I love the reunion in review. It was a blast

Walker Family said...

It looks so fun! I have been anxiously awaiting a fun post about your big party up there! You guys are a great family!!!

Natalie in Sparks said...

This turned out so cute! It's like you posted for both of us, thanks! fun times! I LOVE the one you took of Cam and Emma walking.

Natalie in Sparks said...

p.s. the video at the end wasn't there...it said it was timed out?
Maybe repost it if possible, I want to see it!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

It wasn't working? Hmm. It still works on ours. Maybe I'll try putting it on again.

Anonymous said...

Carrie, looks like so much fun. And you get to live there! That place looks amazing. I love Kate's style. I love grandma and grandpa Andelin, I got to see them at Megan's reception. Take care.

Jesse B

The Mrs. said...

Loved it! You made me feel like I actually got to go!! You do so good with pictures and the video was great too!

Jamee
xoxo

Elise said...

Thanks for writing such a great post! I love all the pictures and video--is it ok if I steal from you? ;)