Monday, June 13, 2011

From the mouth of Ezra McCracken - who is 5 today!



Ezra.  This boy makes me laugh more than anyone else.  He is a trip.  Here are some funny things that he has said that have made me laugh lately:

Ezra asked how someone that had just come over knew where our house was.  Weston told him that he probably looked at a map.  Ezra responded, "Soooo he got born and den he got into a gwown-up and den he looked at a map and found our house?"

A little girl in Ezra's church class said that when she wasn't kind to someone she would tell them that she was sorry and felt bad about it.  Ezra just had to correct her since we had just watched a grammar video on-line about people dropping the -ly on words that should have them.  "It's not bad, Sabannah!  Dat's not wight!  It's bad-wee [badly]!"  Keep in mind that this correction is coming from Ezra, the grammar slasher of the 4-year-old age.

Weston was trying to lift Spencer up and Weston said, "Man, you're heavy."  Ezra said, "Well dat's cause he has 4 packs.  Timmy told me."  I asked him how many packs he has, to which he responded, "I only has one pack."

Spencer hit Ezra one day and Ezra came over to me and said, "Mommy, Spencer choosed wong!" (As in not right.)

Kate was doing something to Ezra that he didn't like and he said to her, "Katewyn, if you was me and I was you how would you like it if you did dat to me?"  Kate looked confused.  He got that a little mixed up.  (That comes from the song The Golden Rule on the ever-so-awesome 1977  My Turn On Earth album that we have listened to countless times since getting our record player 2 months ago.)

Ezra asked me one night, "Mommy, was you a kid?"  I told him that everyone was a baby at some point, except Adam and Eve.  "Yeah, but either (E's way of saying "even") you?"  He just could not fathom that crazy idea that I could've ever been young.


Driving on the way home from town one day I heard Ezra say from the back of the suburban in extreme shock, "Wight savahs awen't weal?" (translation: "Light Sabers aren't real?")  And then louder, "Mom, did you know dat Wight Savahs awen't weal? What da...? I can't abweeve [believe] it!"
(He has since started pronouncing his r's.)
Ezra: "Mommy, can I has some milk?"
Me: "May I have some milk."
Ezra: "May I can I has some milk."
Me: "May I have some milk."
Ezra: "May I can I has some milk?"
Me: Uhh...."Yes, you may."

Ezra is 5 years old today.  Big boy!  He doesn't know it yet, and neither do the other kids, but we are heading into town to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 in the theater.  A place we never go to, so it will be a real treat.  He is in the bathtub cleaning up from a rough day working with daddy and playing in the mud.

Thanks for McCracken me up E-Man!! Shore love ya!  Happy birthday!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Oh my goodness, Carrie, Ezra is such a doll! I love what a little comedian he is! Happy Birthday, handsome Ezra! He reminds me a little of my crazy, funny Eva. I forgot they are the same age, and Jiles and Ronin are the same and Kate and Aiken are the same, right? And now, these two babies we are pregnant with are the same too! Woohoo! We just need to live next to each other now, so they can all play and run amuck.

The Mrs. said...

From the day I met that little man, he has been all smiles!

Love that kid!!

Jamee
xoxo

I thought of you when I saw this blog post: http://paigeknudsen.blogspot.com/

Tia said...

He always brings a smile to the face. Happy Birthday Ezra

Natalie in Sparks said...

Happy birthday big guy! Are you going to Kindergarten next year?

Tyson Andelin said...

Happy burfday Z-MAN!