6:30 am - Woke up feeling like a had a big test that I had been studying for the whole weekend. Studying for this test was laying low and drinking like a unquenchable camel. Did I study hard enough? Also felt like my tummy was getting smaller. Anxious.
10:30 am - Went in for the non-stress test at the OB office. Everything was fine. No stress.
11:10 am - Ultrasound at the OB office. Baby Girl was pursing her lips on the profile shot. Amniotic fluid the same at 7 cm. 6 out of 6 measurements of the umbilical cord abnormal. Bummed. Failed the test.
Sit and wait.
12:00 Midwife sends me over to a Maternal - Fetal Medicine office who specialize in high risk pregnancies.
12:15 - Get an ultrasound (ultrasound #6 this pregnancy) by their ultrasound tech. Fluid measuring 7.5 cm. Baby girl turns over and then fluid measures 8.5. Higher, but still low. Yep, cord blood flow still crappy (it didn't change in an hour).
12:40 - Dr. Maternal - Fetal Medicine comes in and does a little ultrasound herself. I like her. She talks a lot explaining things. Baby Girl weighs 4.7 pounds now. She gained 6 ounces in 4 days! You go, B.G.! B.G. is not scary small, a little less than the 10th percentile, but so are my little boys. She is 10 days behind, but her abdomen (around the belly) is about 2 weeks behind growth schedule. 2 red flags though: low fluid and really cruddy cord flow. I'm "on watch". Next appointment on Thursday.
I feel good about everything. Read some great scriptures on Sunday night about trusting in God.
Thank you, everyone, for all of your thoughts, prayers, calls, service, etc.! We have been feeling the love! : )
Nighty night.
5 comments:
Oh, keep the updates coming! I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers this whole week. I'm so glad that BG gained so much weight in so little time! Go baby girl! Please update again on Thursday. Will they induce you if cord flow stays bad? What's the plan? Just keeping watch until something changes? Okay, lotsa questions. Love you, Carrie! Thinking of you lots...Megs
What does "on watch" mean?
I am glad you are finding peace through this.
Love you lots!
Jamee
xoxo
Im so glad you are finding comfort through the scriptures. Man my heart sunk as you spoke about you cord still not functioning well. geeez what a scary situation. But do know fear can not dwell where there is peace and stillness. so im am so glad to see you searching for peace and comfort in the scriptures. you gotta sit and read that hymn "Peace be still" thats one fo my favorites. good luck. have they done any studies on baby girls heart and organs. are those at all effected by the lack of nurtichement? I would pray not. love you lots.
Keep up the good work! I don't know if you do, but I at least find comfort is also knowing that you are how many weeks along? 35? You guys are pretty safe, in my book. I hope you feel the same. At least this isn't happening when you're at 20 weeks or something, is what I'm trying to say. And it's great all the care you're getting from the doctors, too. Will you be at St. Al's or St. Lukes? If you or Weston ever needs a place to stay close to the hospital, let me know. I've got you covered. Yer still in my prayers!
Oh Carrie, my heart goes out to you! I will start including you and your baby girl in my prayers.
Post a Comment