Saturday, May 28, 2011

Last Week of School stuff, A False Alarm, and Baby Update

SCHOOL IS OUT!
WAHOO!

I am soooo ready for school to be over, as I'm sure everyone and their dog is, too.  I love having my kids around.  And I LOVE not having to rush off anywhere, but just stay at home with them.  The older I get the more of a homebody I am, too.

Of course, this morning they were up, dressed, and being loud and 6 something.  That seems to be the way that it always happens, though, doesn't it?
Bike line up at the bike rodeo on field day at school.
They had field day, a kickball game, scooter races, a potluck lunch, and a bike rodeo.  The recreation district came out and showed them how to fix a flat tire, gave everyone who didn't have a helmet a brand new one, and taught them bike safety.  It was fun.  

Did you notice little Jiles in the line with all of the big kids?  He positioned himself there.  Ezra is in there, too, at the far right.  He could totally hang with the best of them in weaving in and out of cones and stopping on command.

From 8:20 AM until 2:30 PM we were at school and I was on my feet, chasing Jiles a bunch, and taking pictures, and whatever else.  When we finally got home around 3 and took care of the chicks and chickens and pigs and whatnot, I was exhausted.  I had everyone come inside to watch a movie while I laid down to rest and to feel the baby move.  I was having really strong Braxton Hicks contractions.  I started timing them and they were like 8-10 minutes apart.  I even had a couple that were 6 minutes apart.  I didn't feel the baby move. This went on the whole movie.  I put on another movie.  Still contracting, still no baby movement.  Movie ended, Weston came home and made dinner.  3 1/2 hours had gone by with the same thing.  The Maternal-Fetal Medicine doctor had told me to call if I didn't feel movement when I know I should, so I called my midwife and told her what was going on and she told me to come in and that she would call the labor and delivery to tell them I was coming in.  Weston and I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's house and left around 7:45 PM.  

Rancher made a cameo on his unicycle as he was passing by the school to head up the mountain to fix fence (yes, I am aware that "fix fence" is not grammatically correct, but that is just the way that people say it around here).  He was fun to watch.
Pretty soon into the drive I felt the first kick.   We kept driving and she kicked more and rolled over and pushed against my ribs.  Totally active.  We stopped at our church parking lot and called the midwife and she told us to go back home.  I felt sort of stupid, this being the first false alarm and all and still 5 weeks to go, but if it were something serious and I did nothing, and it turned bad, I would regret it forever.

While at the church, Weston ran in to fill up the water bottle and when he came back out he said, "There are a ton of people in the gym.  I asked Harry what was going on and Harry said, 'Are you serious?! [He is from New England, so you have to say it with a doesn't-say-the-r's accent.] This is my 50th birthday surprise party!  Didn't you know that?!'"  We were invited, but I forgot to tell Weston and I forgot about it.  We got a kick out of the fact that of all the people there he asked the birthday guy what was up.

Yesterday, the last day of school, they had a Memorial Program at the community church by the cemetery.  I was 15 minutes late because I answered a phone call just before walking out of the door.  I shouldn't have answered it. It was the OB office trying to set up 2 appointments, which took way too long.  I walked into the church on the very last note of the very last song.  My heart sank.  I felt sooo bad that I missed it, especially Spencer and Kate's trio number they sang with one other boy.  I feel like I am a day late and a dollar short on everything these days.

I also noticed Kate's pajama pants underneath her dress that she was supposed to take off before the program (it was cool and rainy yesterday, so I let her wear them to school - she sooo did NOT want to wear a dress, so it was sort of a compromise).  Her teachers forgot to have her take them off until it was too late.  They said that since they were camouflage, and since it is the time we remember veterans who fought in wars, they totally work.  We all laughed about that.

My appointment Thursday morning at the Maternal-Fetal place went well.  My amniotic fluid is now measuring 10 cm, up from 7, which is looking good.   The cord flow looks better, too, but still not where they'd like to see it.  She wants to see me in a week now instead of half of a week.  Hooray again.  Thank you all for your prayers!  They didn't measure her (they say they only do that every 2 weeks), but I'm sure she is gaining because I know that I am.  I can feel my tummy stretching.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are doing good with the pregnancy. I LOVE the camo pants under the dress in the memorial day program.
Jesse

Anonymous said...

So I just caught up on all you have been going through. I wish I had words of advice, I am lucky so far with pregnancy, it is the birth part where I have all my complications. I know you n eed to take it easy, and that is so not easy with 4 others littles to care for. You are in my prayers. You are such a good Mommy.
Jesse

Mme. Kara said...

I love your blog, girl! Looking forward to further baby news; I hope everything goes well for you!!!!

Keri said...

see I told you baby would get bigger. Thats terrific news. so what she'll be a little peanut theres nothing wrong with that i had 4 littel peanuts and theyre super snuggly. make sure to run into walmart and buy a couple cute premie or newborn outfits thats what i do with all mine i have a seperate newborn and premie size that i start with so they can actually fit into their clothes. good luck youre so close at this point that she will be just fine. just keep doing what your doing.

I have to just say I laughed myself to tears when you compared your life to a day late and a dollar short. First i laughed as I could relate and then I cried knowing that im truely not alone and even though its hard its nice to know we are all on this road together us moms. I am in constant motion these days as well, it just comes with the territory of having lots of kids. i compare myself to a baseball player sliding into home base. most of the time we can beat the clock and be safe but then theres those times the clock/ball gets us out before we reach the bag and thats just the nature of the game. u just get back up and into the game. thats what makes all us moms winners even if we are worn thin. hang in there youre doing great. thanks for the update.

D Sheley said...

Hello Carrie,
It is good to read about you and your baby (and all of you of course). Keep up the extra special care and watch. You are right about doing everything you can for your baby...even calling when it may turn out to be nothing. No matter what happens, you will want to know that you did everything you could. I guess that's how it works for all of our kids...Good job mom!
Love you,
Diane.

Megan and Keli'i said...

I thought I commented on this blog already! I guess it didn't go through.

Well, Miss Carrie, what a crazy week you've been having! I can't believe you're about to have baby #5 any minute. I am so glad that her amniotic fluid has gone up, but I hope your cord flow improves.

I loved Kate's pajama bottoms under her dress. I loved it. And I loved Jiles riding his bike amongst the big kids. And Weston's unicycle is AWESOME! I can't believe he knows how to ride one of those. I'm way too uncoordinated for that!

I love your life. Thanks for letting us be apart of it. Please keep updating with the babe. I love hearing it all.

The Tomlinsons said...

Carrie, I hope you know we are thinking about you and you are in our prayers. I am sure your Mid-wife didn't mind the false alarm. Better to be safe than sorry.

We are still laughing about the birthday party. What luck, asking the birthday boy himself. So funny.

Natalie in Sparks said...

So funny, the little ones on the bikes, the unicycle Kate's pj pants and the surprise on you at the surprise party! I am glad that the baby started moving and everything was ok. That is a freaky feeling.
DOn't worry I have missed our kids programs or been late before, and it is frustrating, but they understand. I am finding that it's hard to juggle all the events going on with all the kids these days. In fact all four of the boys classes are going on a field trip the same day and they all asked me to go with them as a chaperone! How hard is that to choose! I just have to remember who I went with last time and rotate around.

Megan and Keli'i said...

I'm dying to know! What's going on with this babe now?? Are you guys okay?