Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Ten: May 2011

ten photos.
over ten hours.
on the tenth of the month.

ready, go.

 8:22 a.m.
My Rancher drops the slobbery bottles on the back porch after feeding his 5 orphaned calves.

9:13 a.m.
Chase the chickens off the porch and lure them back in the chicken yard with a bowl of scraps (get attacked - mildly- by Brewster the Rooster in the process. Punk!).

10:40 a.m.
Hang the freshly washed sheets to dry.  A mighty windy day will dry them in no time.

11:27 a.m.
Chicky play time in the sun.

12:12 p.m.
Somebody's got the crankies.  It must be lunch time.

1:02 p.m.
Squeeze in a little learning before quiet time.  Ezra asks to do math.

1:45 p.m.
Quiet time.  Jiles cuddles up to Kate while she finishes Black Beauty.

2:53 p.m.
Quiet time is almost over.  Go, bread, go.  Knead, dough, knead.  
(I love my Blendtec with its autoknead button.)

4:04 p.m. 
Pick up my scientific, knex-building oldest child from cubscouts at church.  Waited for half an hour for him to get back from a field trip seeing a blue heron's nest.
The bread is on the counter at home rising.

5:11 p.m.!
Got home waaay later from picking up Spencer than planned.  Dough is OOC (out of control)!
Ezra remarks, "How embarassing!" when he sees the dough.
Smush it down.
Start again.


ten on ten button small


Photobucket

8 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

I love this! And can I just say that you must be the cutest girl ever, but definitely the CUTEST pregnant girl ever? I love it. You are teeny weeny beeny and meant to have a million children. I love you, Carrie.

Randi said...

very sweet ten on ten set! loved the sheets in the wind and your little ones during quiet time. so very sweet :)

Alita said...

Your day looks perfecto! I love how your pookie is reading black beauty (one of my faves) and your blog is just plain adorable.

I can't wait to see more. ;)

Alita

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

Your day, life and pictures look lovely, thanks for sharing.

Enjoy,

elena

Dani said...

A perfect set of ten.

Love them all.

Sara said...

I love your ten. One of my favorites! So colorful, happy & fun. :)

reeve said...

Love your photos!

Natalie in Sparks said...

What a artistic portrayal of everyday events. My problem is that I don't document the basic day to day things enough, because they seem so normal, yet, I am sure as time goes by I will forget about some of them and wish that I had taken pics of those things.
well done!