![]() |
| Someone so strategically placed the dump trucks in the yard yesterday. |
The last 2 mornings have started out the same - with a sunny invitation from the outdoors.
(Un)Luckily Jiles speaks Dump Truck and answered the call (and in his skimpies, too).
Of course where there is one ranchkin, there are more to follow shortly thereafter.
![]() |
| I got a lot of pictures of the backsides. |
We looked in at the piggies, checked the eggs in the hen house (1 to be found), and tried not to scare Eunice too much.
![]() |
| Some (most) of our animal fleet these days. |
Jiles "jumped" (lolloped) on the trampoline and I wrote our names, which I often do when I have chalk or another writing utensil in my hand and nothing in particular to write.
This is how Jiles looks when he says my name in desperation (he wanted me to carry him across the ditch):![]() |
| "Mo-o-om!" |
And just like yesterday, the sun disappeared behind some rain clouds, and the weather got colder as the day got longer.
But cold doesn't scare the die-hards back inside.
NO!
They just play harder!
![]() |
| And like I said, where there is one little ranchkin, there the others be also. |
It was all fun,
until this boy slapped down in some pretty thick and cold mud (I'm really surprised that he didn't get muddier) and wanted to go inside .
The older 3 decided to go back inside too.
Oh wait, they didn't have a choice.
It snowed this evening, after we were all inside and cozy by the fire. It didn't stick though, thank goodness.
Is it really Spring?
And in other news, we got the first part of our steps and front sidewalk concrete poured today.
Hooray! Progress!
Hooray! Progress!











4 comments:
Thanks, CB, for an early look at Spring...
Love you,
yer Mom
looks fun and muddy! I know, we are itching for spring too...it's been cold and rainy/snowy. However today is in the low 50s and it's supposed to be in the low 70s by thursday! can't wait! We will be outside enjoying the weather. I like all the animals. Baby animals make me think of spring too. I will call you soon:)
ps you are doing your new camera justice - your pics are superb!
What a great story teller you are. Love the photos and the ranchkins. I love your life, Carrie Beth Shelley.
I've just been reading through your blog. What a great life you have! Or, at least a great attitude. And, you have such a beautiful family!
I am slightly jealous of your ranch life. My grandparents use to own a dairy farm near Rigby, Idaho and I use to love going there.
Post a Comment