Here is our Christmas story, at long last. {I started this post on January 3rd.}
Making the GB houses
Christmas Eve at Grammie and Grandad's house
 |
| Mark, Dad and Weston in a way serious game of Sequence. |
We were a small party (9) that night. Another brother was to come in later that night, and then more siblings the next few days after that.
 |
| Prepping the food. I love to be with my Pop, Momma, and little brother Markus. |
 |
Christmas Eve is about dimmed lights, candles, Christmas music, snack foods, games...
and... |
 |
| ...Grandmother jammies! |
We left there as late as we could, and headed for home to tuck our kids into their beds, and to get read for Christmas morning.
 |
| Ready to go... |
Christmas Morning
 |
| Kate helped Ezra wrap something for Jiles. It was his beloved Red Bear. I LOVE how they LOVE to give each other gifts. |
 |
| He'll smile for a photo, but he won't stop unwrapping. |
 |
| Spencer gave me one of his drawings. He had framed it and put it on the wall in the hallway several months ago. For Christmas he took it off the wall, wrapped it in a green towel and red yarn, put a "to C love Spencer" tag on it and proudly and personally handed it to me. I LOVE their thoughtfulness and Christmas spirit. |
 |
| Ezra got checkers. He's pretty much obsessed with playing (even though he always wants to switch colors with his opponent half way through the game). |
 |
| "This is the best Christmas EVER!" sayeth Kate. I love how they say that every year. |
 |
| Spencer got battleship. It was a total HIT (not a miss). |
 |
| Spencer gave Kate his old pocket knife. She was quite excited. (Can you tell?) |
 |
| Christmas morning aftermath. |
And later up to Grandma and Grandpa's house...
 |
| Grandma jammies! Love them! |
 |
The family band. l to r: Tyson on trombone, Weston on clarinet, Grandpa on guitar, Jamon on piano, Grandma on violin.
It sounded great. I love to sit back and listen to their talent, and pray that my children have those musical genes. |
 |
| Spencer has a total interest in the trumpet. Hopefully he'll stick with his piano right now to learn how to read music and we can add the trumpet in their for him too. |
 |
| Jamon's wife, Staci, kissing on their baby, Liam. |
 |
| Ammon's wife, Leslie, with their baby, Jaxon. |
 |
| Jiles and Weston playing a duet of Jesus Bambino (Weston and his mom played that at the Community Christmas Program). |
 |
Lots of gaming.
And children running through the middle. |
 |
| And a lot of children climbing on those who were trying to play games. |
 |
And, of course, a lot of wrestling.
|
I hope that everyone had a great Christmas, too!
Oh, yeah...
 |
| I got a camera. It was a Valentine's Day/early Christmas/9th Anniversary gift that we got on our anniversary (Dec 21st). It is a Canon EOS 550D Rebel T2i. I'm still learning it (there is a lot to learn). It's great and fun! Lovin' the video capability too. |
4 comments:
that there camera is the one i want!!
i love your home all decorated for Christmas. love that fireplace!
and those gingerbread houses are rad!!!
So cute!! Those gingerbread houses look divine :)
Awesome! I am so glad you posted your Christmas! It looks sooo fun! It looks like we missed out on lots of fun activities, but I was really wishing we had been there when I saw the family band! Isn't that funny? I just miss being able to play in it too on the clarinet with Wes, and it's such a unique thing to do... I don't think that many other families do that!
Anyway, don't get me wrong, we had a great Christmas, just a little more quiet and simple than yours. I actually just posted about it, so you can check it out for yourself!
Later gatot!
umm, thot wuz soposed to saey ... "Later Gator!"
Post a Comment