I lived there for 3 years while going to school and it has pretty much been a part of me ever since. I suppose that everyone who has visited or lived there feels that way; maybe just like how everyone who has ever read or seen Pride and Prejudice feels like they own Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.
I have been back to the Hawaiian islands twice since graduating from BYU-Hawaii in 2002. Mainly on Kauai. I can't believe how it hits me as soon as I get off the plane. With the smells and the air. Memories. Happiness. It's crazy, really. I love it.
7 of my favorite things about Hawaii (in no particular order):
1. the humidity
2. the smell
3. the music
4. the trees
5. the warmth
6. the fruit & flowers
7. the naturalness
not to mention the rainbows.
oh yeah, and the beaches.
And now for pictures.
Collage style. Because there are oh so many.
the beach...
the vegetation and wildlife...
the peeps...
the na pali coast...
and a few more...
This is Weston doing the rope swing at Kipu Falls. I did it last time we were there. Once is enough for me. I wish I had a video of 5 of the 6 brothers doing it back to back. My camera battery had died by then. It was cool to watch.
We left paradise and headed for home (the other paradise, right?) almost 2 weeks ago. It was 80 degrees (!) colder here at home. Quite the shock, I can assure you. It took me a little over a week to recover from vacation. I got so sick on the way home. Blah.
I'm looking from the 14 inches of snow on the ground outside to my legs that are peeling from the sunburn that I got (just on my legs) the day we flew home. Interesting combination, but it is nice to still feel/see a little Hawaii still with me. Until next time, Hawai'i, "ALOHA OI".






7 comments:
Okay, so the first collage of pix...I looked at the one on the top right and my laptop screen was tilted funny. I totally thought that hat was your hair - nice pigtails! (That is you, right?) I love the pix of the shop with the rainbow on the roof. And of course the last one! So beautiful! Love you.
I am so insanely jealous I can barely type.
Maybe you could put some snow on your sunburn for some relief.
So glad to see you made it home alive, especially after seeing that photo of you guys hanging on for dear life on the edge of a trail. Yikes.
Love Love Love!!!
I had so much fun with you guys! I enjoy you very much. Especially your ability to make everything simply enjoyable:the pictures you take, your time spent on family and friends, your creativity, etc...
Love you.
Jamee
xoxo
Oh, that looks like so much fun. I have been twice and loved it both times. I keep telling Rob we need to go back. It is so beautiful there. You guys are so lucky, because you know so many off the path places. 3 years....that almost makes you a local.
Victor is suppose to go to Hawaii(Pearl Harbor) for Feb. and March. Of course I'm planning to visit him. He will be working during the day but I figure if I just sit on the beach without chasing kids that would be worth it. I love your pics! Any suggestions for must do's on my first trip??
BEAUTIFUL! Hawaii loves you too, Carrie. You appreciate it here, and that's awesome. Next time, come to Oahu! Stay here with us! We'd love to have you. Beautiful photos of a beautiful place and a beautiful family.
great pictures Carrie
Post a Comment