Tuesday, October 5, 2010

yesterday was my birthday

 i    a m  .   .   .   .   . 


r    u    r e a d y     4      t h i s ? ? ? 


3 2 .
y e p ,  i t ' s   t r u e .


the older i get, the more i am convinced that aging is nothing really.  
(we'll see how long i am convinced of that.)

my day was superb. 
i, along with my 2 littles, met my sister, holly, and her 2 littles at a park somewhere around halfway between our houses.  
she brought us all lunch from zen bento.
i love her.


later, my mother came up and brought my traditional/favorite birthday menu: chicken and black bean enchiladas - just like last year.
i must really like that menu to request it so often.
(psst...i do.)
it was a beautiful day, so we just had to go for a ride looking for hawthorn berries and apples.  
we found them.






and we found grandma who was feeding jackie her vitamins.
she let us (them) take a few turns around the area riding bareback.
spencer's eyes turned red and swelled up from coming in contact with the horse hair, of course.
but nothing a shower and a benadryl chewable tablet couldn't fix.
we ate dinner on the back porch with our 6, grandma and grandpa, and grammie (i missed you, Pop!). 
It was nice.
and then it was cake time.
wishing time.
oh, what to wish for?
that is the question.
i have so many wishes to choose from.
need i pick just one?
i guess i have the first star (light star bright) every night to make up for the ones i failed to cross through my brain before blowing out my 4 candles.
Hurray for that.  

Photobucket

12 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful Carrie! You deserve all of those wishes to come true. I love you so much and miss you so much. Glad you had a wonderful, wonderful birthday, and you may be 32, but you still look 23.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Happy B-Day. You are simply the best.

Weston

The Mrs. said...

I love what WEs said....

You are SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!

I really do love you lots and feel so uplifted after being with you for even a short time. Thanks for being amazing!!

Jamee
xoxo

D Sheley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D Sheley said...

WE love you and yours from all the way over here! Thanks for sharing your birthday with us. You are so very blessed. I hate apologizing for not even getting in a phone call...mommy duty was super busy and during calling time.

Rachel Murdock said...

You haven't aged at all since we met...like almost 10 years ago! Wow!
Happy Birthday!

Holly said...

Carrie! I hope you had a super-duper day! I STILL want to come see you and all the beautiful fall colors that are all around your place. Happy day to you!

Natalie in Sparks said...

Carrie,
Even though I wish you could have stayed here for your birthday, after seeing all that you did, I am glad you went home to do all that fun stuff! Thanks for coming to see us and I think you are getting more beautiful every year!
You are amazing and I am proud to call you my sister!

Love,
Natalie

liko said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, chicky-deetah.
and you don't look 32. you look younger than me.
and that's a good thing.
looks like it was awesome!!

Keri said...

ahhh happy birthday girly. Did you get your special peanut butter mint chocolate something like that cake from your mom. i know thats your most favorite. hope you had a great day and yes dont we all have those list of wishes i know i do. I have one big wish on my list that I may use on my special birthday candle. To have a healthy baby. happy birthday girl.

Elise said...

Happy Birthday! You inspire me :).

Sijbrich said...

I'm really late, but happy birthday. Looks like it was fantabulous. And I like that you are about 4 months older than me, so you can try out 32 and let me know how it is before I get there.;-)