At 2 am, Weston and I awoke to Hank barking. We opened the window to see/hear what he was barking at. It was something big. We couldn't see it, but we heard it try to climb up the black walnut tree (that is in the background in the picture below). I guess it didn't get very high because then we heard it running across the pile of boards and then hitting the fence of Hank's kennel and then crash into the woods and out of sound. We think that it was a bear. I really wish that we could've seen it.
We found this butterfly yesterday. It was obliging and let us hold it and take pictures of it for a while before it flew away. The kids have found soooo many caterpillars lately. It must be the season for them. There are probably 5 in Kate's butterfly habitat. Hopefully they will make chrysalises and then we can watch them come out. We've had some make a chrysalis, but then never came out (taken out by little hands instead).I watched the Relief Society broadcast again last night. I loved it again. I love words of inspiration and guidance, words that increase my desire to be strong and immovable, like Julie B. Beck always says (I love her), in motherhood, wife-ship, homemaker-ness, friend, follower of Jesus Christ, and as a loved daughter of God.
Speaking of God, isn't that butterfly detail-y amazing? !. Perfect.
Sir Jiles is done with his yogurt. I know this because the bowl is upside down on the floor next to his fork.
I'm going to go turn on Thomas the Train (one show that he sits for), and cuddle with his sweet self on the couch under a fat blanket, and see if I can't close these sweepy wittle (red) eyes for just a minute.
6 comments:
Beautiful butterfly! God is great, isn't He? I love how you gave me a glimpse into your morning with Jiles. What a great post.
How could anyone NOT believe in God when we have so many miracles around us?
I enjoy your thoughts.
Jamee
xoxo
Are you sure you need a new camera? Those are some really good picts yours takes...I love these sweet moments. Thanks for sharing.
lovely!!
and yes, all we need to do is stop and admire the beauties all around us that He created.
What beautiful pictures of the butterfly. It is amazing it would stand on fingers and chests.
Wow, those are very beautiful.
Post a Comment