I have tomatoes waiting for me.
They are desperate to be made into something worthy of preserving, becoming softer with every second that I procrastinate them. Their enemies, the fruit flies, lots of little, tiny fruit flies, are thankful for every second that they have with them.
(Gross.)
I did tackle a box of them today. They are on their way to be salsafied.
One small bucket to go. I don't mind doing it really, it's just that
I r e a l l y w o u l d r a t h e r b e
o u t
t h e r e
. . . . . .
or in there.
. . . .
And in there.
If you could only see how cute my little guys get when they really want their mama to be right with them.
Soooo dang cute.
And charming,
and sweet,
and, basically, irresistible.
(I give in almost every time.)
. . . . . .
If you could only know what it feels like with the sun pouring down on you.
And feeling the air getting warmer with every minute.
You'd want to be out there, too.
Eating
(even if it meant dealing with 3 kitties trying to steal your grub),
playing,
tickling,
reading books,
coloring,
anything.
You'd want to stick those tomaters in the fridge, too, and tell them to just hold their horses because it won't be like this for too much longer outside.
50's are in the forecast for the weekend.
Really?
Really.
When it is nice outside and I am inside doing stuff, I get so restless and start breathing fast and I can't handle it. Honestly. It's weird. I get sort of ADD and can't focus on what I'm doing and end up doing a bad half job.
(I think that something is wrong with me.)
Yeah, so I'm calling it.
Best put the tomatoes to chill for a bit and spend my time outside.
I don't want to have any regrets.
You wouldn't either.
Right?

6 comments:
You go girl, can those tomatoes!!! You live in the most beautiful place, I love to see pictures of the outdoors!!!
I'd NOT can those tomatoes too...
No Regrets!!!
Love you.
Jamee
xoxo
LOVE tomatoes!!
that sheet tent looks so awesome and fun!!
man, i need a yard like that!
that tent looks so fun.
Outside will always win in the race of canning tomoatoes and playing with the kids in the sunshine. what a fun little tent. and i could totally feel the joy and energy in yuor words. Thats just sooo you. one thing I adore about you is your passion for fun. Looking at those tomatoes I see a ton of salsa jars. Thats what I would make and sphagetti sauce. oh you lucky girl winter will be filled with some yummy homecooked tomatoey dinners. LOL now go catch those last wamr raise of sunshine
oh and tell weston that I posted some pics of perry hunting trip he wanted to see. Tell him sometime in the future Perry has always tlaked about how fun it would be to go hunting with weston in good old Idaho. Well hve to plan that in the future now that we are done having kids and as they grow older it will be easier for us to make those fun trips out to see you and maybe melissa to since she lives close to you guys as well.
Post a Comment