::BlaCkbErRiEs::
picked some today.
with the little 2 while the big 2 were at school.
had to trudge through the ditch to get to the best of them.
they were sweet.
most of them.
ezra really wanted to wear his (oversized) red shirt and blue overalls
to match a character named Benny from a farm book we read today.
5 seconds after the picture above, jiles fell backward into the water.
he cried.
it was not the warmest water.
i stripped him down to his diaper so he could warm up in the sunshine.
he cried some more.
we ate about a pint of blackberries. we picked about a quart and put them in our bowl. .02 seconds after i took the picture above, ezra dropped the bowl. it landed upside down in the dirt. when i picked up the bowl it was easy to see that they had pretty much bit the dust. it would be hard to get them totally clean and edible. jiles stopped crying and started to eat them. i quickly put them back into the bowl the best i could, hoping to save at least some. |
we walked for a bit
and saw the little bridge that we used to play on earlier in the summer.
we had forgotten about it.
it is now hidden by willows that have grown so tall.
floated the blackberries down the ditch.
then ezra fell in.
he was pretty upset about it.
as his denim dried...
...we swung and loved the sun warming our backs
(and their cold wet legs).
we swung single... |
...double...
...and triple. |
and the blackberries swam alone... |


6 comments:
there...that's your first book right there.
Fun days. Fun times. Fun stuffs. Cute kids. Delicious goodies. Love it all.
I was going to leave exactly the same comment as Roberts blog. Mom could be your illustrator. I'm not even kidding.
I loved that. Cuter than cute.
I was cheering for Ezra on the board!High anticipation!I was telling myself, he's NOT going to fall in, I just know it! I love looking at your pictures, they tell their own story.
Thanks Cares
PS Did you get my message: we found the Kate's precious pink shoes. I'll send them sometime this decade.
What a poetic life you live, accidents and all.
Post a Comment