I'd been wanting to take some sort of back-to-school photos of my littlins since last Monday (9 days ago). Ezra and Jiles and I had dropped that desk off in the field that day (a bit squishy on the 4-wheeler). Spencer and I went out that evening and already the cows had knocked the desk over and slobbered all over it. Nice. It must've tasted salty.
I only got like 4 shots of Spencer (2 of which are in this post) before he was done with being subject matter. I finally got around to taking some of Kate and Ezra on Sunday evening.
It was a bit tricky because Jiles was cranky and either finding cow pies to smush with his sandals, or crying so I'd pick him up and try to avoid his cow pie mush feet rubbing against my leg, Spencer was sick and kept asking when we could go home, and Kate was NOT in the mood, and she has to be in the mood, or it is just totally not the same. Cute as can be, she is, and, with the constant reminder of a double serving of cookies and cream ice cream when when we got home, she obliged me and sat/stood/sort of smiled for me (crazy photo-freak mom).

Wouldn't it be awesome if I had a nice SLR camera?
Yeah, I think so, too. And wouldn't it be nice if the pictures I took were crystal clear?
That would definitely be nice.

Anyway, this girl is a total babe. She is strong-willed, creative, a smarty pants, and is seriously witty/sarcastic/random.
She was working hard for that cookies and cream ice cream,
and then she was totally done with it all,

so I released her.
She shed the dress (camo capris underneath) and donned, once again, her tiger costume. The sun had dropped, it was getting chilly, so everyone was happy when I revved up the 4-wheeler to head back home (to cash in on that long-promised ice cream.
What we looked like on the way home:
Stay tuned for next time, when Ezra steals the show (he likes getting his picture taken). His turned out a bit better than Kate's, and, dare I say, were much more enjoyable to take (fun, actually).






3 comments:
I love reading about your life and your pictures always tell a story!
I love that bike. Can I order one for me please, and few for the kids?
I love the pictures! I can't wait to see more!
Jme
xoxo
These are great, and you're right, Kate is a total babe.
I thought you had an SLR. Your photos are always amazing. It's worth the investment though. Definitely. Get the Canon Rebel T1i...the only camera you'll ever need (hidef camcorder in it!) and I got mine with two separate lenses for under $1000.
Post a Comment