
Last Sunday after church we headed off for the big family reunion - Weston's dad's family - on the OREGON COAST.
It's a 9 hour drive to the coast from our place, so we decided to break up the trip. We drove half way, and spent the night at Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's (Weston's dad's mom and dad) house in Pasco (as did some cousins, aunts, uncles, and Weston's mom and dad all on their way to the reunion, too). It was so great going to their house. They are such fun and amazing people. Weston hadn't been there in like 18 years, or something like that. Pathetic, huh? It is only 5 hours away! We'll definitely have to visit again.
I really, really, really wish that I had taken another picture of this little group...these blurries are all I took. By the time I realized they were blurry, everyone had dispersed and I didn't have the gumption to gather them up again. Should have anyway, huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday morning we got back in the suburban and drove 5-6 more hours until we saw WATER.
Let us remember that
on Monday, August 16th, 2010,
in Lincoln City, Oregon,
my children saw the ocean for the
FIRST TIME
EVER.
(Okay, so Spencer went to Puerto Rico with Weston and I when he was 15 months old, but that doesn't really count since he can't remember it.)
It was a very joyous occasion.
The water was a LITTLE
frigid
(okay, it was frickin' freezing),
but it didn't stop us (them) from rolling, falling, splashing, and whatever else
in it.


Even Jiles fell down in some water and came up with a huge smile on his face.
After the novelty of it wore off, and the sand and salt wore into their goose-bumped, mottled skin,
they got a LITTLE bit uncomfortable.
Yet they were still smiling through their chattering teeth...
(just not in this photo).
![]() |
| Sweet picture...especially the way that Weston's eyes sparkle as they reflect the deep colors of the ocean. |
...for they had seen the
OCEAN,
and they would never forget it!









6 comments:
i always see movies where the people have never seen the ocean and try to imagine what it's like for them to see it for the first time.
must be wonderful.
I can't believe that YOUR kids, YOU and WESTON who lived in HAWAII, had never seen the ocean!!?
How AWESOME! The pics made me want to cry with happiness. The ocean is amazing. I love it.
I can't wait to hear more about the trip.
Jamee
xoxo
what a fun time. I know that water is freeeeezing, but glad you made the ebst of it either way. love your sense of humor Carrie. You always crack em up with your diolog. hope you guys have a joyious rest of your vaca
I thought the comment about Weston's eyes was a little too cheesy for you, until I looked at the picture.
so fun! I love the oregon beaches! They are cold, but beautiful. It looks like your kids had a great time! I will have to post our oregon trip pictures sometime (from July).
kids and beaches go so good together.
that looks like so much fun! We love the Oregon Coast
Post a Comment