Things are slower this week. Hallelujah! We only have one thing scheduled - Spencer's last baseball game. There is so much to do around here, inside and out, and so many things that I want to do with the kids. I just want to stick around home for a while - after all, it is my favorite place in the www (whole wide world!).
There are a few things that I want to catch up on with the blogging, too, though.
Starting with..
the rest of our trip to Utah.
Alrighty then...
on Sunday: My Dad and Weston left right after church for home since they both needed to work the next day. My mom, and the kids and I went back to my sister Julie's house for some lounging, napping, coloring, paper doll playing, eating, and enjoying of the cousins and sister and Grammie.
There are a few things that I want to catch up on with the blogging, too, though.
Starting with..
the rest of our trip to Utah.
Alrighty then...
on Sunday: My Dad and Weston left right after church for home since they both needed to work the next day. My mom, and the kids and I went back to my sister Julie's house for some lounging, napping, coloring, paper doll playing, eating, and enjoying of the cousins and sister and Grammie.
Aubrey (11) is so sweet and cute with Kate. Kate pretty much followed Aubrey around everywhere, and I'm pretty sure that Aubrey loved it. Kate adores her (as she does her 3 other big-girl cousins). (Thanks, Aubrey, for playing with Kate!)
After Aubrey was born, there was a girl drought in our family - 7 or 8 boys and 5 1/2 years - until Kate was born.
I took a nice nappy on their couch - like, at least 2 minutes. I woke up and had to laugh at the title of the book that Aubrey was reading.
Sunday night I got to go meet the newest on Weston's side of the family: Mr. Jaxon McKoy!! Our new little nephew. Love the name and what a cutie. Weston's youngest brother, Ammon, and his wife, Leslie, only live about 10 or 15 away from my sister. Cool!
10 days old!
It was fun visiting with them. What great parents they are already.
Monday: Hot. Wendy and her 7 came over to play with Julie and her 5, me and my 4, and Grammie. Sprinkler, swingset, popsicles, toys, and whatever else 16 cousins aged 13 and under do.
Brian (11), Natalie (13), Aubrey (11),
Sam (6), Ethan (7), Landon (8), Spencer (7), Kate (5)
Owen (3), Brad (9), Zachary (10), Ezra (3)
Ammon (3) saying, "N".

Jiles (1)
Grammie Sue with her 1-year-old grandbabies.Ji was so not in to being held at the moment.
Tuesday: D.I. (thrift store) with just baby Jiles. Come back to Julie's house to see kids riding bikes follow the leader style in a circle.
Say, "Goodbye" to everyone. Drive home - Grammie with us (hooray!). Stop 10(!!!) times along the way, making the 7 hour drive like an 11 hour one. My favorite of all of those stops....
Yes, IKEA. We meant to just stop "really fast" to look at their fabric, but, well, you know how it goes sometimes (especially when they have free day care while you shop. Hello! Pretty sweet!). Needless to say I got a few other things than just fabric. It was a really fast 2 hours.
Thanks Wendy and Julie and families for hosting us! Ya'll are the best!
















1 comment:
How fun. I love a good vaca with family. I'm glad you got all those cousins together, and i'm jealous you got to see Jaxon...
I love me a good, "quick" IKEA trip too. One time I made Daron stop to just check it out. We ended up getting a cart full. You never know when you will be back, ya know?
Jamee
xoxo
Post a Comment