Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sidekick


This boy wants on my hip, like, ALL the time, with his hand in whatever I may be trying to do. Except for when he wants to crawl into the dishwasher, or climb on top of the table, or fish in the toilet, or eat dog food, then he's okay not on my hip.  But then I pick him up to get him out of trouble.  Oh, what do you do?  I am sometimes (not) good at one-handing-it through motherhood.


But then he goes and gives me a look like this one, with his little shiny face so close to mine, and those 2 bottom teeth flashing themselves my way.  I'll admit, it does make those ever so frustrating one-handed moments maybe a little less frustrating.  


Maybe.  


Okay, so all the way less frustrating.  You know I'm totally gone on this boy.  


Post edit: True, I am crazy about him, but I think I was really sleepy when I wrote this last night and wasn't quite thinking clearly.  "All the way less frustrating." ?! HA!!  Plus I had just looked at him peacefully sleeping in his crib.  It is now 7:36 a.m. and I just made waffles with one hand (do you know how hard it is to scrape the batter from the bowl that way?), and tried putting on the oldest 2's shoes, fixing their hair, and getting them out the door for school with this sweet babe either on hip or under foot wishing he were on hip.  That was muy and uber frustrating.  All the way.
P.S. I am typing with one hand.
   
Photobucket

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I remember canning some jam with one hand becuase Carterw as on my hip and I also had one foot on a stool because Olivia wanted to stand on the stool and "help" too.

Have you ever canned with one hnd?
I bet you have.
Jamee
xoxo

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I was trying to measure a capful of something the other day and Karie Karate chopped it out of my hand with her cherubic uncoordinated arm. That one was funny.

Sijbrich said...

Sounds exactly like my predicament. Over the last few days Belén wants to constantly walk but that requires me holding both her hands. My back hurts.

One of my grandfathers was born without one of his arms and having a baby has left me in awe of him. My mom told me that he would even change cloth diapers with safety pins! Back in the 4os and 50s when daddies didn't ever do such a thing as change diapers.

Crazy.

Krissy said...

Isn't it amazing how much cuter they are when they are sleeping? Good luck with the one hand.