Friday, May 21, 2010

Baseball

Spencer started coach pitch baseball last week.  He likes to bat, and to play catcher (he just likes to wear all the catcher gear).  He got 2 hits out of 3 times at bat in both games this week, his first 2 games ever.  Not bad.  Overall he likes playing, but really doesn't take it very seriously.  He'd rather be doing this...


than watching where the ball might be, except when at bat, which is how most of the kids on the team are.  Who cares though, they're only 6 and 7.  It's funny to watch.

Spencer's coach is way hot, I must say.  And I get to be his assistant.  Lucky me!


We signed Spencer up for baseball at the last possible second (we weren't sure we wanted to do it since we live 45 minutes away), and they put him on a waiting list.  The next week they called to see if I would coach  (since I had coached his soccer team 2 years ago).  From waiting list to coaches; I find that funny.  None of the parents around here are willing to do it.  Maybe that's everywhere, I don't know.  I asked Weston if he would help.  He played in high school so he's a pro.  So he's the head coach and the main voice and I do all of the paperwork, stats, and what not, while trying to keep up with our 3 littlest, which can be a little crazy.


After games we're always the last ones on the field, using all the equipment we're granted as coaches from the recreation district, playing catch and batting (with puny bats).  It's great family fun time, even though it's usually just me and Weston playing baseball and the kids are just running around the field being crazy.  Maybe we can count that as a date.  It's about as close as we get to a "date" these days.  Him and me, bonding silently over a nice game of catch.  (Haha! That's how it was when we were dating.) I'm good with that.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Keri said...

how fun i love baseball. looks like you guys are making the most of it. thats terrific