I hope that everyone's Easter was great.
We had a good one.
Here are some of the things that we did this Easter weekend:
EGG DYING
The day before Easter, I went to get the eggs from the hen house and there were 36!
Apparently, no one had collected them for a few days.
We hard-boiled a bunch.
The kids and Grandma and I had fun coloring/dying/decoupaging them.
(Ezra had like 5 pairs of hands during the whole process, I'm sure. )
I had gotten some white ones, too, before I knew that we had 36 eggs out in the hen house.
Which ones do you think work/look better?
Brown?
or White?
(I think that I may be partial to the brown ones...)
Spencer tried to blow out an egg.
Didn't really work.
But it made for a swell "cup".
Or at least he thought it did.
EGG HUNTING
On Easter day, Weston and Grandpa hid all of the hard-boiled eggs that we colored/dyed/decoupaged in G & G's backyard.
(And notice Weston's unicycle?)
Looking....
Looking...
Not finding.
Not finding...
Not liking competition.
(Spencer was loving finding them, and loving the competition.)
But with parental help, even the little guys got some.
EASTER DINNER EATING
=
yummy
,
with a little hard-boiled egg wars during chewing.
GENERAL CONFERENCE WATCHING
WATCHING it.
Really though, we DID watch it - all of it - and it was really good.
(Grandpa only fell asleep for a few minutes and Grandma and Weston were really listening while working that puzzle.)
Most importantly though,
CELEBRATING AND REMEMBERING
our Savior
JESUS CHRIST
His life
His death
His resurrection.
HE LIVES!
P.S. Anyone want to come over for egg salad sandwiches?













7 comments:
love the color of dying brown eggs. we haven't even dyed eggs yet, we will sometime, maybe june or july. LOVED conference, always makes me want to be better. we have a new little one. Henry Douglas born January 29. So cute! Email me so I can send you some pics. sylvanflwr@yahoo.com
jesse
hands down, the brown!!!
i have a video of myself crying when i was younger because everyone else was finding eggs and i wasn't. it's funny now, but so not cool at the time.
you guys had a fun Easter! and i, too, LOVED conference!!!
It looks like a fun weekend, even though your plans changed. Why don't you reschedule the trip? We would still love to have you guys come.
As for the eggs, I actually like the brown ones better. They are more vintage looking.
Did you say the chicks you got are 10 weeks old? we got ours about 6 weeks ago and they are already so big!
BTW I love the grayish/bluish/greenish color you painted. Can't wait to see it live next weekend!
Love ya!
First of all...I have heard that brown eggs are deeper and more vivid colors when dyed...tru dat! I love em! Second...the little egg cracking competition...that is a tradition that they do in Latvia (where Cory served his mish)So fun! Love your blog...
we learned that game from Cory at AP camp.
That was Weston in the last comment.
Natalie, our chicks were 6 days old when we got them - now they are 2 1/2 weeks old. We got 10 of them; maybe that's where you got the number 10 from?
And, Yay! I'm so glad yall're coming! I can't wait to see you!
That was a 1000 piece puzzle that we put together in 3 hours and 15 minutes!!!
Post a Comment