- Woke up with our whole family (all 6 of us) asleep in our queen-sized bed, and an ache in my back.
- Sent Kate out the door to the bus stop this morning bawling because I accidentally stabbed her in the head with her hair clip - felt horrible all morning for it.
- Spencer got busted for having a knife at school today.
- A guy came over to fix our dishwasher and needed a pan (storage bin lid) to catch water...got him the one from under the washing machine (washer leaks)...then later I forgot to put that lid back under the washer when doing a load of laundry and flooded the laundry room floor.
- Dishwasher's fixed!! :)
- Spencer got attacked by a rooster in the hen house while gathering eggs.
- Snow got into my slip-on shoes (without socks on) as I ran out to rescue Spencer from the raging rooster.
- More snow got into my slip on shoes (without socks on) as I sank into the 6 inches of snow while trying to herd a hen with the rake back into the hen house so that I could lock them in.
- Piano lesson #2 from Weston's mom tonight. Love it.
- Brownies and ice cream at Grandma and Grandpa's house. :)!
- "Hank majorly got sprayed by a skunk. Again. Dumb dog." (Weston just walked in the house from milking and that is what he said. And now I smell it.)
It all made me laugh. Honestly. Well, except the leaky washing machine, and making Kate cry. And I guess I didn't laugh during my piano lesson; I was concentrating on learning to read notes.
Anyway.
This is pretty much how I feel about my life:


6 comments:
Good for you for still having a good attitude after all of that! I would say, "Let's try this again tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better..."
It looks cold over there, Car. Time for a visit to Hauula. Come on, girl.
"Just another day in paradise" that song fit yor day perfectly even down to the broken washer. We all have days like these but its all in the attitude something you have mastered far beyond most mothers. your awesome way to wear a smile even through the hard times. your kids will recognize that and emulate you in their future families and lives. it wonderful to see. like I always say your passion and drive for happiness in all things is contagious girl. you rock. what a week for you this has been wonder what adventure the Lord will place upon you today. :)
Sometime chickens and roosters can be really freaky--those beady little eyes, getting all pecky, and their gross feet. I'm glad to hear you sacrificed cold feet to rescue Spencer.
You are so funny! This post made me laugh, cause I think we've all had crazy days where it's one thing after another. I am glad you can laugh about it and have a GOOD attitude. Thats why I love you Carrie - always so funny and positive.
ain't life wonderful?
Yes, life is crazy - a good kind of crazy - it is great when at the end of the day you can still laugh at the craziness.
Post a Comment