Thursday, January 7, 2010

s . n . o . w . f . u . n .

We (Grandma & Grandpa, Ammon & Leslie, Jamon & Staci, Cameron & Natalie & their 5 kids,
and us) gathered at Grandma and Grandpa Andelin's house to ring in the New Year.
With that came lots of games, eating, movie watching, and more singing around the piano.
But I think it's safe to say that everyone's favorite activity was playing in the snow!:
sledding, tubing, snowboarding, skiing, and even snowshoeing. Their backyard hill is perfect
for all of it.

Photobucket

Grandpa going "like 9 miles per hour with Grandma!" :
Photobucket

Cameron and Natalie:
Photobucket

Jamon and Staci:
Photobucket

Ammon and Leslie:
Photobucket

Go Grandma!:
Photobucket

Grandpa down-hilling it, barely clipped into cross-country skis (and with imaginary poles). Right on!:
Photobucket

Kate:
Photobucket

Weston:
Photobucket
The next day we were back for more.

Weston:
Photobucket

Kate:
Photobucket

Ezra and I accidentally blazing our own trail:
Photobucket

The thing was to take the last jump without holding on. I think that she landed it:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ezra:

Photobucket
Spencer taking the jump backwards. Pretty impressive.

Photobucket
Kaleb sailing the jump:

Photobucket
Me trying out the slow snow first:

Photobucket
Jamon:

Photobucket
Cameron:

Photobucket
Um, ouch. Um, burr:

Photobucket
Woo-hoo!

Photobucket
Kaleb and Austin:

Photobucket
Ethan and Kyle:

Photobucket
Ethan's shoe falling off (way to catch that on camera Grandpa) :

Photobucket
And my personal favorite of the day:
Photobucket
He did succeed; he made the jump. And he didn't hit his head, btw. I got that one on video.


And what do you do when you are tired from sledding?
Watch Star Wars (Clone Wars), of course.
Photobucket
Cameron & Natalie, and my & Weston's kids: Kyle (10), Austin (8), Jiles (8 mo.), Kate (5), Spencer (7), Ezra (3), Ethan (8), Emma (16 mo.), Kaleb (5...6 tomorrow!)
That's 9 of the 12 grandkids...we're missing Olivia (6), Carter (4), and Brigham (2) (and #s 13 and 14 are on the way - Leslie is due in May and Staci is due in June).



I told you I had more than a plethora of pictures.

8 comments:

The Mrs. said...

That was awesome!!!

And I am so glad that little Jiles is healing great (Mom A. told me)!

We miss you guys.
Jamee
xoxo

Jeri Short Gurney said...

Holy smokes! what a blast! You take the best pictures, what kind of camera do you have?

liko said...

all those pictures are great, and capture the fun of snow play perfectly!!!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I only took a few of the pictures. I credited each photo in the bottom right corner. Most of them were taken by my sister-in-law, Staci, and by my father-in-law, and they have the same awesome camera...some kind of Nikon, I think.

Megan and Keli'i said...

You guys have way too much fun over there. And your CTR post had me rolling. Yes, it does wonders!

Tyson Andelin said...

Fantastic pictures. Jamon, wow! that looks like a gnarly biff. Carrie, did you photoshop wes to make him look so high? All the kids look so calm flying in the air. Impressive Spencer going backwards.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

No, Tyson, I didn't photoshop him. I was just crouching down in the rock/creek bed, so it made him look higher. Dassit.

Natalie in Sparks said...

yay, i am glad you posted all these! There were so many great pictures that everyone took, i am sure it was hard to narrow it down! I would say that was the most fun sledding experience i have had in a long time!