Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jiles's burn

Day after:............................. 3 weeks later(today):

Ouch. He burned it on Christmas Day on Grandma and Grandpa's wood stove. I was right next to him but was distracted, and when I heard him cry I scooped him up immediately and ran him to the sink and put it under cold running water. I bonked his head on the faucet in the process. Sorry, Ji! Double whamy!
That night Weston gave him a blessing. Since then he hasn't cried or complained or even hinted of being in pain. Awesome!
I've also been putting this salve on it that has olive oil, aloe, and vitamin E, among other things, in it. I'll keep putting it on to keep it from scarring bad, or at all.
I'm soooo happy that it is healing so fast!

5 comments:

Keri said...

ouch glad hes doing better. what a trooper. just another wonderful blessing of having the priesthood in the home.

Natalie in Sparks said...

it is healing up beautifully! (thanks to the priesthood blessing and the salve)

liko said...

ouch! it looks good, though. healing nicely.
and yes, that's kawela bay in those pics.

The Mrs. said...

I am so happy that it has healed up so quickly.

Yea Jiles. He is such a trooper!

Jamee
xoxo

Laurie said...

That makes me hurt all the way over here. So glad mine haven't had any yucky burns (yet?). What a tough little boy.